Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you have learned-round 3 v North 2021

OK so tell us 3 things that know now that you didn't know before the game today
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 3 v North 2021

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

A fit Josh Bruce is a far cry from 2020.
    Harris Andrews is a light years better defender than anyone North had today so don't get too carried away.
    Macrae and Liberatore are among the toughest players in the comp.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Jack Steele should get an invite to our B&F if Josh Bruce keeps this form up.
    2. North are early days GC/GWS-level insipid at the moment.
    3. Any worry I may have had about Josh Dunkley not being 100% committed this year just vanished with a puff of smoke.

5. Likes Testekill, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Dunkley was our clear second best today.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought Dunkley was our clear second best today.
    Well put it down in the WOOF Votes thread!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1.We need to do better than that.
    We should OF keeked moorree
    and shit.
    2. N. M. had the guts to revert to their true name yet we showed we want them on a leaky boat to Tasmania.
    3. We just blew up the Gasometer.

Post Thanks / Like

1. English, Bruce and Naughts in the forward line can work. Naughts plays tall and small, and brings a lot of defensive pressure, and tonight they were all leading in a constructive manner that really created space and options for the kickers up field to honour.

2. We don't need Bont to have a cracker to win, we've got some decent firepower across the midfield

3. Players have bought in and our skipper is leading from the front with it. Bont chased Lazarro all the way from the midfield through to his shot on goal, really putting in the big one's despite not having any chance of catching the North speedster. We were only a lazy 80 odd points up at the time. That's showing the guys what the standard is effort wise. I reckon I loved that just as much as the winning margin.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Watched my first game in 18 months. I assume Bevo told them to put in extra because I was watching.
    2. Watching a full forward kicking 10 is something I thought wasn’t allowed for non ‘Big Clubs’
    3. Naughton is our pressure forward
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    1. Watched my first game in 18 months. I assume Bevo told them to put in extra because I was watching.
    2. Watching a full forward kicking 10 is something I thought wasn’t allowed for non ‘Big Clubs’
    You’ve set yourself some precedent BT. 129pt win is needed next week.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    You’ve set yourself some precedent BT. 129pt win is needed next week.
    Agree. 129+ win or I’m out for another 18 months. I need to drive the standards.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I love how teams now fear Naughton's marking power. A bit like Jonathan Brown.
    If we can really bring in the Picken/Clay type tackling and pressure, I think teams will start to be really scared of us.

1. Seeing North get buried today. No shirt fronting, tearing Bonts top could rattle us. North are trying to hide a few players now and loving see them being completely demoralised. Ziebell cannot run out a game and is slow. Walker doesn't have the speed or tank to run with our fwds. Their mids are full of kids. Jared polec had another soft tissue injury. Hall was ineffective.

2. Our mids really worked hard across the ground fwd and back. I thought our field kicking was pretty good today and delivery into the forward line was coherent and not just to anyone.

3. We are starting now to have alot of things to fall into place:

Right players with the right age and skill set : Martin coming in has helped English improve. Treloar running and burst of speed has allowed Dunks to play towards his strength. Our midfield group is getting into the 100-150 game range where they start to know innately each others game. Bailey Smith has been a great recruit; he runs all day , good skills and just knows how to get to the ball. Loviing Libba's game. So tough in the clearances and back himself to win the ball.

If Bont doesn't have a BOG day, other players step up.

Game plan starting to click: our forward entries were cleaner today and less clangers. Our players are believing into it. Bailey Dale has found a new lease as a backman, and swung forward to add to our complexity. There are still a few goals we gave North early on due to turnover and skill error.

15. Thanks GVGjr, Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. 129+ win or I’m out for another 18 months. I need to drive the standards.
    Someone has to. We've clearly been doing a poor job in your absence. I'm guessing the last game you watched was the 104pt win over essendon in 2019?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bruce, you listened to my advise, dropped the weight, and now look. Thank me later.
    2. Our boys really starting to click now, I don't care if they get big-headed, they deserve to drink a little bit of the koolaid now.
    3. Midfield is by far one of the best going around, I'm really looking forward to see how we do against some of the other big boys like Richmond and Port
    4. Was great to go to the footy and watch the game
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Someone has to. We've clearly been doing a poor job in your absence. I'm guessing the last game you watched was the 104pt win over essendon in 2019?
    I wish. The GWS final. Only good thing about it was deciding last minute and not to fly up to watch us get bullied in person.

Combined 186 point turnaround though.

19. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post