Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you have learned-round 3 v North 2021

1. Josh Bruce can kick 10 goals in a game
    2. There is something special again amongst the team - you can see it in the relationships between the boys - the sheer and absolute joy of their team mates succeeding. Examples are Bruce and Naughton, Dunkley and Treloar - not just the wins and goals, but every time they do something. Its great to see and will only keep building
    3. North Melbourne right now are probably the worst team I've seen play footy since the dogs in the early 2000's. Watched the 4th quarter replay and every single one of their players (except cunnington tbf) stood back waiting for the ball and refused to put their head over it. We were playing a VFL team.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Hasn't Bailey Smith got some mongrel that I didn't know he had! I remember him having a go at Stringer in his first year but I thought that was just a bit of theatre. But more and more he is getting in faces and giving stick to the opposition. Against Collingwood he wouldn't let Noble up from between his legs until the umpire tells him off, last week against WC he deliberately steps over Shepherd with disrespect after he kicks a goal and Shepherd is still on the ground from trying to catch him, then getting in Simkin's face for what ever reason yesterday. I'm sure there are other instances but there are few times that I've noticed Smith isn't just the heartthrob of the competition, he's got that mongrel that need once he crosses the white line.

Just on Bailey Smith while we are on the subject, how good is his ability to break or shrug a tackle this year! He must have put some big hours in the gym because he core is noticeably stronger this season. His technique has improved as well. He's been watching Bontempelli I'd say with the way he uses momentum to break the tackle with his hips.
    Everything you have said! 1000%. He is rapidly becoming a complete package. I posted this in another thread, but seems relevant here as well - his beeline for Ziebel was just amazing to watch, then he backs it up with their young players.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNKCCfZrO4Z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(have to scroll past first picture)
    The dam wall has busted!

3. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We've embraced Jooce and Treloar now, their past is behind them and they're now Bulldogs. Good. We are a better team because of them.
    2. Daniel is in career worst form. He has made so many mistakes these past two weeks. Hoping he can turn it around soon.
    3. English forward is a massive advantage for us and if he flushes them like he did on Friday our forward line is going to cause massive headaches for the opposition.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    1. We've embraced Jooce and Treloar now, their past is behind them and they're now Bulldogs. Good. We are a better team because of them.
    2. Daniel is in career worst form. He has made so many mistakes these past two weeks. Hoping he can turn it around soon.
    3. English forward is a massive advantage for us and if he flushes them like he did on Friday our forward line is going to cause massive headaches for the opposition.
    I’m glad you’ve pinpointed Daniel. He’s probably made more mistakes in 3 games as he did all of last year. I think he is trying to be too “cute” with a lot of his kicks, either not hitting the target on the full, or just not being aware of the situation. If this improves, we get better still.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Smith from day 1 has tracked better than Cooney at an equivalent time.
    He needs to win the Brownlow next year to keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Caleb has had far worst patches of form. This is maybe the most terrible mistakes he's made in a two week period since moving back though

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’m glad you’ve pinpointed Daniel. He’s probably made more mistakes in 3 games as he did all of last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Caleb has had far worst patches of form. This is maybe the most terrible mistakes he's made in a two week period since moving back though
    In two weeks he made three mistakes, big deal. He has still been very good.

I don't get when people see one or two mistakes they judge the whole game on it?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In two weeks he made three mistakes, big deal. He has still been very good.

I don't get when people see one or two mistakes they judge the whole game on it?
    They're big mistakes, and he don't make mistakes!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The recruitment of Martin and Treloar has been a great injection in experience and class
    2. The return of Wood helped stabilise the defence.
    3. For the first time the attack of Naughton Bruce and English will now pose headaches for opposition defences

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. English, Bruce and Naughts in the forward line can work. Naughts plays tall and small, and brings a lot of defensive pressure, and tonight they were all leading in a constructive manner that really created space and options for the kickers up field to honour.

2. We don't need Bont to have a cracker to win, we've got some decent firepower across the midfield

3. Players have bought in and our skipper is leading from the front with it. Bont chased Lazarro all the way from the midfield through to his shot on goal, really putting in the big one's despite not having any chance of catching the North speedster. We were only a lazy 80 odd points up at the time. That's showing the guys what the standard is effort wise. I reckon I loved that just as much as the winning margin.
    Looking forward to Timmy kicking a bag.

Post Thanks / Like

1. It feels so good thrashing Norda Melbourne. One of my favourite teams to hate.

2. We are over loaded with class. Beautiful to watch.

3. Tim is becoming a reliable kick for goal.