Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How an ex-teammate helped big Dog fall back in love with footy

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He deserved all the criticism last year and he knew it, based on his response over pre-season. I must say, I didn't think he had the self-motivation to put in the work and earn his contract but I have been proven wrong. His start to the season is exactly what we and he needed and has exceeded anyone's expectations. Bravo, Brucey.

Now he needs to continue to rise to the challenge and find consistency, especially against the really good sides. Brisbane is the perfect test for him.

This was always his problem at the saints too. Turning up in the big games. Hopefully he’s got the confidence now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    [/B]
    This was always his problem at the saints too. Turning up in the big games. Hopefully he’s got the confidence now.
    He has had 3 good games in a row now. I think we have to be realistic and remember that he isn't one of the top 5 forwards in the league.

His strengths have always been his work rate and his marking ability, so if he brings those 2 this week I will be happy even if he doesn't kick a bag.

Also lost 6kgs over the pre season and people were attempting to argue last year that he wasn't overweight.

3. Likes EasternWest, WBFC4FFC, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He has had 3 good games in a row now. I think we have to be realistic and remember that he isn't one of the top 5 forwards in the league.

His strengths have always been his work rate and his marking ability, so if he brings those 2 this week I will be happy even if he doesn't kick a bag.

Also lost 6kgs over the pre season and people were attempting to argue last year that he wasn't overweight.
    I wasn't
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

2nd currently in the Coleman. Go Brucey you good thing.