Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 3, 2021 vs North Melbourne Kangaroos

When McKay beat Bruce in the air but then fell to his knees and turned the ball over

It's like they all saw that and said even when they do something well it counts for nothing anyway

Dropped their heads and let through a string of goals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

The game was well and truly over but I loved the Williams double candy sell. Man, that dude is a smooth mover these days.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The game was well and truly over but I loved the Williams double candy sell. Man, that dude is a smooth mover these days.
    He's really solidifying his growth last year. If he's not already, he's very close to being considered as one of the competition's best defenders.

Post Thanks / Like

Duck and JB in the box having to witness that today. An extended period of golden moments.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams beautiful kick to Bruce for his 10th. Sensing the moment for one and then the execution. Then Bruce takes a contested mark over 2 Norf players, Ziebal being one of them. The roar in the stadium was deafening! To top it of Libba takes on 10 blokes as Bruce kicks the goal. That was a moment of ecstasy
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

When the crowd start chanting BRUUUUUUUUUUCE

7. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The crowd reaction to Bruce shouldn’t be underestimated. We haven’t really seen it happen in that manner for a very long time, whole crowd chanting one player’s name and just revelling in his achievement.

That was memorable.

9. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The crowd reaction to Bruce shouldn’t be underestimated. We haven’t really seen it happen in that manner for a very long time, whole crowd chanting one player’s name and just revelling in his achievement.

That was memorable.
    Barry Hall maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Barry Hall maybe?
    Barry Hall got that treatment and I recall Libba getting it in his final game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    barry hall maybe?
    coooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    coooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn
    Bit different IMO, to have a crowd chanting your name as opposed to a catchcry when you get the ball.

14. Likes 1eyedog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    This was it. They dropped their heads after this and we looked like we said WOW these kids are closer than they should be.

I must say I was filthy that we missed 6 simple shots on goal. We should have won by another 30 points. Am I greedy. Should I just accept this as is.

I still feel a little cheated by the margin but I know it’s wrong
    I'm with you. My son was out and I was texting the scores to him but no matter how far in front we were I was constantly saying "we should be 5 goals further in front" Especially after halfway through the second quarter

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    From now on he's the Candy Man. It's one of the highlights of our game and Williams pulling it out twice in the one play will live long in my memory.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

couple of key moments for me.

the moment i knew we'd win was sometime in Nov last year when they released the fixture.

The moment we absolutely crushed their spirit was Treloar's second goal, Williams twinkle toes on the lead up was sublime....

But the best moment for me, and i didnt see it at the game - only on the replay, was Bailey Smiths beeline for Jack Ziebel just before Bruce's 10th goal, then the way he backed it up in the melee. I just love the aggression he brings and his white line fever.
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post

But the best moment for me, and i didnt see it at the game - only on the replay, was Bailey Smiths beeline for Jack Ziebel just before Bruce's 10th goal, then the way he backed it up in the melee. I just love the aggression he brings and his white line fever.
    I wonder if anything in particular fired up Baz or he just felt Ziebell needed a bake?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

That was memorable.
    2015 Elimination Final. Bont has a set shot from about 40m out roughly in front. He was a very good set shot at the time. Crowd starts chanting "Bonti". Bont misses. He is never a good shot for goal again (at least to date).

I'm not saying the two are related but i have always been dirty on our crowd for that chant.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

19. Likes SonofScray liked this post