Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round four 2021 v Brisbane at Ballarat.

OK everyone. Tell us three things you know now that you didn't know the morning.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round four 2021 v Brisbane at Ballarat.

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Young & Keath are a great combo
    2. Flogging Martin in the ruck, cold, wet slog, while allowing English freedom is not a bad decision
    3. Fun being us
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young thoroughly deserved his spot.
    Bailey Dale has re-invented himself in defence, very composed.
    Adam Treloar and Stef Martin are the recruits of the year.

6. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. There might be some weeks we need to add anther tall, especially in defense, but I really am liking the cohesiveness today of this group, this is a group that can hurt teams physically but also with their offensive dash
    2. Opposition coaches are now going to have to really think hard about how they handle Tim English, he really stretches team defenses, and with Naughton also providing a lot of defensive pressure, we're not top heavy
    3. This group really looks to be much more focused and playing a team first game style. Seems to be less of the 10 minute switch offs we've had in the past that have really hurt us during games.

8. Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The marking ability of English, Naughton and Bruce will cause the majority of defences, headaches.
    2. Dale has really made the HBF his own. Great to see.
    3. Daniel had a quiet one in conditions you’d think he’d thrive...that’s a good sign to get a win from that.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. The Bont might appear to have a quiet game occasionally, but he is always a contributor. He had by far the most metres gained by an Bulldog today.

2. Adam Treloar is prepared to do the hard stuff in and under. He is not just an outside player with a classy finish.

3. In spite of evidence to the contrary Caleb Daniel is human, and can have a sketchy day (but not too often we hope).
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

11. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Might be some hope left for Young left, I was very impressed with him today
    2. Bont, and Daniels both quiet but still manage to get a win
    3. ugly football but we won so can’t complain.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

1. The decision by the MC to play three tall forwards each week has been a master stroke obviously achieved through the appointment of Martin as our main ruck. Every opposition team has struggled to combat it and Bruce, Naughton and English have had their best, most consistent starts since all playing for us.

2. Not sure why Lewy Young has been in the waiting room for 18 months especially when I was told by a good source that he was our long-term future and ahead of Gardner, yet it takes an injury to Gardner for him to come into the team. The guy is a jet under the ball and played very well today. Why has it taken so long? He's a guy who excels in the 1sts and languishes away in the 2nds. I know you have to do the hard yards but its about time he was recognised fro the talent he is. Hoping he continues the trend.

3. I would prefer if VDM played further up the ground, he's playing too deep for my liking.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Young ever involved in 1-on-1 situations? How did he go if so?

Post Thanks / Like

1. The umpiring of holding the ball today was atrocious.
    2. It’s amazing watching what tim English can produce when he isn’t exhausted every week
    3. We played an exciting and hard to beat brand of footy - quick hands and strong tackles. Brisbane came to play hard and we out muscles then whilst not being phased by their pot shots

Post Thanks / Like

1. Treloar is one of the best pickups in years.

2. Who would have thought having 3 big forwards, and at time 4 when you include Bont down there at times, would work

3. Our defence is really gelling together and are miserly.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Our aerial strength is impressive
    2. Bailey Smith can do a double fend off
    3 Bailey Williams has lots of confidence in his ability.. Running around Zorko who was standing the mark was a thing of beauty
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

1/ Defenders need to intercept and we did that well today.

2/ Our small forwards are completely non-effective at present which is a big change.

3/ Our mids are sharing the load and by and large their work rate is outstanding.

21. Likes DOG GOD, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We now have 3 good marking forwards. Its something I thought would never had said in life. For years we were struggling to find a single key forward, with many tried . I would not mind seeing Bruce and Naughton rotating to be that running forward like how Riewoldt use to play in a game.
    2. Our tackling is ferocious and pleasure to watch. I think teams are starting to fear us
    3. Lewis young looks more composed now with the ball and his marking is really good. He looks bigger and stronger which is great to see his development. Our defense team marking was excellent today. Keith led the way and took some critical marks.
    4. Our recruits not only have improved our side, but they have improved themselves. Do not discount Duryea , his in career best form atm. Crozier to come back, and we could rotate Duryea and Crozier in backline and run through the midfield. Today, Bruce did not take many clean marks ( only 3 today) but was presenting and running hard.

I