Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R8 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Does this make our loss last week look even worse?
    Hard to say.

Richmond were very sluggish after half time. Probably a combo of Geelong having a great night and Richmond no where near their best. They didn't get close to piling on the pressure we saw in the 3rd qtr last week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

At face value, maybe.
    But by the same measurement, does that mean every team that has played North this year and not beat them by more than 100 points should feel aggrieved?
    It just, for me, highlights how much results depend on a set of variables that can change week to week. The teams that can find a way to sustain a high level and restrict the change of those variables from week to week, will win more often than not.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't compare one team against another based on who they beat. Geelong lost to Swans last week, so does that make them better than Richmond?

As Sedat said, we played shit footy for 20 minutes and blew it - that is what pisses me off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    At face value, maybe.
    But by the same measurement, does that mean every team that has played North this year and not beat them by more than 100 points should feel aggrieved?
    It just, for me, highlights how much results depend on a set of variables that can change week to week. The teams that can find a way to sustain a high level and restrict the change of those variables from week to week, will win more often than not.
    I think that's right. The Cats won't put it together much better than that, especially without Dangerfield and the Tigers without Prestia, Cotchin and Lambert through the middle and a half interested Dusty just didn't have the cattle.

Noticed their VFL side copped a big hiding at Werribee.

Maybe their depth isnt where it used to be and is being tested more rigorously than it has for a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think that's right. The Cats won't put it together much better than that, especially without Dangerfield and the Tigers without Prestia, Cotchin and Lambert through the middle and a half interested Dusty just didn't have the cattle.

Noticed their VFL side copped a big hiding at Werribee.

Maybe their depth isnt where it used to be and is being tested more rigorously than it has for a while.
    They never had depth because they never had injuries the past 4 years. This year they are copping injuries.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

13.8 to 2.2 in a half is an embarrassment.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Tigers are 0-3 in GF rematches interestingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Cotchin and Grimes were important for them last week, pretty big omissions. Their midfield got trounced tonight. Esava put Pickett to the sword in the ruck proving you need 2 genuine ruck options against the Tigers to really stretch them.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Rohan kicks 5.

Tigers flag defence is over. There is no coming back from that.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    13.8 to 2.2 in a half is an embarrassment.
    So if we had kicked straight in the 1st half last week we probably would have had a decent lead and there was no way the Tigers were coming back. Last week was a bad day at the office. Lets hope this week doesn't make it two!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the first quarter only. I am in shock. Richmond looked to be doing it on the bit and their swarming and pressure were up.
    It's a game played above the shoulders too and in the coaching box as well.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Rohan kicks 5.

Tigers flag defence is over. There is no coming back from that.
    Nah there is. Richmond needs to face some sort of criticism or have their ~r e p u t a t i o n~ be at stake or some nefarious bullshit, and they’ve still got a bunch of guys out.

They’ll probably summarily execute whoever they’ve got next week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nah there is. Richmond needs to face some sort of criticism or have their ~r e p u t a t i o n~ be at stake or some nefarious bullshit, and they’ve still got a bunch of guys out.

They’ll probably summarily execute whoever they’ve got next week.
    They apparently got the easiest draw from here on out after having pretty much the hardest start.
    They'll be there at the pointy end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They apparently got the easiest draw from here on out after having pretty much the hardest start.
    They'll be there at the pointy end.
    Who Richmond? Hardest start really? 6 out of 8 games at their home ground to start the season. Although they have played the inform teams of the comp right now albeit on their home deck.

Cotchin and Grimes were huge last week for them. Them losing Cotchin is akin to us losing Dunks for importance to how they play. Dusty got 21 disposals last night but I barely noticed him which I put it down to him having to get his own ball on the inside so their was no dusty on the outside.

Richmond were us last week and Geelong were Richmond. How much footy can change week from week!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond have been completely dismantled 3 times this season, their defence really has a tendency to go to water when the pressure up field isn't intense. Even our maligned defensive group held up 'ok' under the 3rd qtr barrage last week.

How many goals did Cameron get wheeling onto his left from within 20-30 metres last night with no one near him?