Likes Likes:  124
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Richmond R7 2021

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Margin: Tigers by 19 pts
    First Goal: Lynch
    BOG: Cotchin
    I’m leaning this way. They will come out firing, and if Lynch/Reiwoldt get enough of the ball I’m expecting one of them to kick 5.

So,

Tigers by 29 points (due to Lynch kicking 5 and he/reiwoldt kicking straighter than Naughton/Bruce )
    First goal : Treloar
    Bog - macrae
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I’m leaning this way. They will come out firing, and if Lynch/Reiwoldt get enough of the ball I’m expecting one of them to kick 5.

So,

Tigers by 29 points (due to Lynch kicking 5 and he/reiwoldt kicking straighter than Naughton/Bruce )
    Bog - macrae
    We score ~15 goals a game so not sure Lynch kicking 5 will be enough for them.

When West Coast got 9 from their big forwards it wasn't enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Only Johnno I think.
    It's interesting. I don't agree with this speculation but apparently because Tilthorpe has played we are apparently considering playing Jamarra. To his credit I think Bevo has been very clear on where Marra is at and we should be patient.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's interesting. I don't agree with this speculation but apparently because Tilthorpe has played we are apparently considering playing Jamarra. To his credit I think Bevo has been very clear on where Marra is at and we should be patient.
    From what I read Tilthorpe form at SANFL level did not warrant selection.

Where as a case could be made for Jamarra.

For what its worth, no way would I select Jamarra this week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    We score ~15 goals a game so not sure Lynch kicking 5 will be enough for them.

When West Coast got 9 from their big forwards it wasn't enough.
    IF we score 15 goals. I hope we do.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Dusty and Lambert out are huge losses for Richmond, but we have 3 of our own top 10 players out right now
    Dunkley & Williams yes but English wouldn't be top 10 in my book unless you meant someone else

On another note, two gimmes on the goal line and outmarking a smaller opponent a few times doesn't mean Jamarra is ready to contribute at senior level. Needs to be able to physically contest and run out games
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Dunkley & Williams yes but English wouldn't be top 10 in my book unless you meant someone else

On another note, two gimmes on the goal line and outmarking a smaller opponent a few times doesn't mean Jamarra is ready to contribute at senior level. Needs to be able to physically contest and run out games
    I meant Timmy. He's easily in the top 10 most talented on our list, imo. We also saw how influential the combo of Gawn/Jackson was in really stretching the Tigers across the ground and it's a shame we won't be able to do the same (this time).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Bevo said a few weeks back he's a fair way off playing so he must have developed considerably in a very short space of time if we are considering it. I'm not opposed to it if the MC can think he can make a contribution. It's a very big step up in terms of ground coverage though. Maybe we'll just plonk him at FF?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post

So,

Bog - macrae
    Mine is more of the fact that I keep tipping against the Dogs and we keep winning so why change a winning method (or losing depending on how you look at it). That said, I cannot see the Tigers losing 3 in a row. Backs aganst the wall. I expect them to pull out a blinder. Will be a cracking game!

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Mine is more of the fact that I keep tipping against the Dogs and we keep winning so why change a winning method (or losing depending on how you look at it). That said, I cannot see the Tigers losing 3 in a row. Backs aganst the wall. I expect them to pull out a blinder. Will be a cracking game!
    They beat the Saints the week before the Demons game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

How many times can a side that has won three flags out of four come out breathing fire after a loss?

I can envisage them coming to play, choosing to be considered the underdog perhaps. But breathing fire for the second time within a few weeks? Not saying it can't or won't happen, rather, perhaps wondering if this is what Richmond is now?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Went looking through the stats just then as I had noticed Melbourne handballed a lot and was hoping to find a qtr by qtr breakdown of their handball numbers. Didn't find that but did notice that the AFL site lists Richmond's interchange numbers as 49/75, which would be insanely low if true. I know they had a player subbed and Dusty out as well which would reduce rotations but surely not by that much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Went looking through the stats just then as I had noticed Melbourne handballed a lot and was hoping to find a qtr by qtr breakdown of their handball numbers. Didn't find that but did notice that the AFL site lists Richmond's interchange numbers as 49/75, which would be insanely low if true. I know they had a player subbed and Dusty out as well which would reduce rotations but surely not by that much?
    Yes that’s true it was doing the rounds after the game. Very low, think they had quite a few injuries happening.

Post Thanks / Like

I went and had a look at Melbourne and Richmond last week. Melbourne had a real sense of stage fright early and were second guessing with ball in hand. The result was that they invited Richmonds pressure and had to dump kicks down the line. Richmond set up really well behind the ball which then feeds their ball movement.

About 15-20 minutes in Melbourne finally settled and started backing themselves to either take kicks through the corridor or forward handball (leapfrog style) through the tigers wall. From that point in Richmond couldn’t lay a glove on them and looked very exposed.

16. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Margin: Dogs by 23
    First Goal: Hunter
    BOG: Lippa
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

18. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post