Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  124
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Richmond R7 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Understand that view, though I think it's incumbent on journalists to do a bit of research before putting questions to a coach. Given it was a Friday night game, and the biggest game of the round an in depth review of the team sheet wouldn't have been too difficult. And if you're going to ask a specific question about a specific player seeing how that player is going isn't too much to ask.

With respect to the twenty metre/ man on the mark, it was clear all that was happening was journos trying to get a sound bite after the question had already been answered.

As for questions about the game itself I thought he looked a bit defencive and bristly about questions surrounding our key defenders and didn't handle that well.
    Felt like he had no answers in a way. So went on the counter attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Felt like he had no answers in a way. So went on the counter attack.
    ‘Mate, do you really think I WANT to play Zaine Cordy?’
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    ‘Mate, do you really think I WANT to play Zaine Cordy?’
    Bevo :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I love Bevo but I don't think this kind of stuff does us any favours as a club still searching for a major sponsor.

As for the journo, I doubt he wanted to ask the question - 100-1 his editor had told him he had to ask about JUH...given he was being told to ask a question, he therefore prob didn't do too much looking into the situation (which makes sense to me).

As for the 20-metre stuff/man-on-the-mark stuff...Bevo regularly buys into these debates so why would he be surprised to be asked to get involved again?

I don't know. I thought it was petty and made us seem like sore losers.
    I guess the question I had was if we would have been abrupt if we had won? I suspect not.
    While on occasions some journo's need a tune up I don't think we won this one.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Just watched the third quarter and I think we'll be fine.

Nothing that happened to us on the night isn't fixable. As bad as Schache was he's never going to be out-marked like that again, Adam Treloar isn't going to cough the ball up into the corridor like he did. West will never be penalised for taking the ball and brushing a player's head in the process.

With the limited opportunities we had in the quarter we broke Richmond down comprehensively.

We were down and got punished and that's fair enough. I feel a lot better having watched the replay because we were shit and the Tigers were about as good as they could be.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Thanks SquirrelGrip thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex Keath is also responsible for much of the shit Cordy is being blamed for..........from what I can tell this time around.

Post Thanks / Like

Having watched the last quarter, we're fine and we're better than Richmond if we put it together.

Post Thanks / Like

Having watched the last quarter, we're fine and we're better than Richmond if we put it together.
    I have said it before you do some fine work at 3am.

I find it hard to go back and watch those two quarters.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes EasternWest, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alex Keath is also responsible for much of the shit Cordy is being blamed for..........from what I can tell this time around.
    So I’ve just watched the first half again and Keath must do all his bad work in the 2nd half because it’s all on Zaine thus far.

Time to take a few deep breaths before I hit the play button!

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So I’ve just watched the first half again and Keath must do all his bad work in the 2nd half because it’s all on Zaine thus far.

Time to take a few deep breaths before I hit the play button!
    You’re a braver man than I. I can’t bear to watch that third quarter. Beyond everyone panicking, I’d be interested to know what else the replay exposes that we might have missed live.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You’re a braver man than I. I can’t bear to watch that third quarter. Beyond everyone panicking, I’d be interested to know what else the replay exposes that we might have missed live.
    It’s how you learn.

1st goal - Bailey Dale not strong in a spoil contest with Baker. No body contact, Baker recovers well and spots up Riewoldt leading in front of Cordy who trails a couple of metres behind.

2nd goal - Cordy under minimal pressure kicks it out on the full to Wood who is in the clear. Ball goes in deep and from the next stoppage Treloar dump kicks it back into the middle, like the worst possible spot! Baker ends up with it and kicks long to Lynch in the square who outpoints Keath.

3rd goal - Lipinski not strong in centre clearance when he has the front spot. Ball goes long into Richmond’s F50 for a stoppage. At stoppage Lipinski gets caught ball watching or is just slow to react and his opponent (Graham) gets the ball and snaps a goal.

Every time we win possession in the back half it’s just dump kicked out... just a lack of composure. The free kick to Houli was complete BS. Zaine & Keath had no body contact on their opponents and Lynch takes an easy mark to kick their 4th of the qtr.

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s how you learn.

1st goal - Bailey Dale not strong in a spoil contest with Baker. No body contact, Baker recovers well and spots up Riewoldt leading in front of Cordy who trails a couple of metres behind.

2nd goal - Cordy under minimal pressure kicks it out on the full to Wood who is in the clear. Ball goes in deep and from the next stoppage Treloar dump kicks it back into the middle, like the worst possible spot! Baker ends up with it and kicks long to Lynch in the square who outpoints Keath.

3rd goal - Lipinski not strong in centre clearance when he has the front spot. Ball goes long into Richmond’s F50 for a stoppage. At stoppage Lipinski gets caught ball watching or is just slow to react and his opponent (Graham) gets the ball and snaps a goal.

Every time we win possession in the back half it’s just dump kicked out... just a lack of composure. The free kick to Houli was complete BS. Zaine & Keath had no body contact on their opponents and Lynch takes an easy mark to kick their 4th of the qtr.
    Lipinski has had a horrible quarter... like shocking.

5th goal - Lynch out points Cordy (ridiculously easily) to take a mark on the 50m line and slots.

Post Thanks / Like

5th goal - Lynch out points Cordy (ridiculously easily) to take a mark on the 50m line and slots.
    Thanks Mantis. Re Lippa, out worked, lapse of concentration or other?

Makes one wonder what Young isn’t doing to get dropped?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We lose so many 1 on 1 marking contests for the qtr... so many. We couldn’t halve them... it kills us in the pursuit of field position and time that Richmond don’t have the ball.

The Bruce miss at the end of the qtr was big... might have been a free, but you don’t miss them from 5m out.

Onto the last!

19. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Thanks Mantis. Re Lippa, out worked, lapse of concentration or other?

Makes one wonder what Young isn’t doing to get dropped?
    Not careful with the ball, not hard enough in the contest, lack of concentration, and he’s not quick so can’t make ground when behind... it’s clear why he is in and out so often.

21. Thanks bulldogtragic, kruder thanked for this post