Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Margin:
    First goal:
    Best on ground:
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Margin: Dogs by 22 points
    First goal: Bruce
    Best on ground: Libba

Post Thanks / Like

This game is massive for our short term top 4 position (and may prove important at the end of the year) as some top 4 sides playing each other - Syd v Melbourne (at SCG), Richmond v Geelong. If we win, we'll put a gap on the sides that lose.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Not not concerned about this. McKay was a nightmare matchup for us before he was consistently week in and week out awesome, and their midfield is pretty dynamic (in spite of their “best player” skulking around looking for cheap kicks from the guys actually doing the work). They usually trouble us for speed and have only gotten quicker with their off-season additions.

We should win but I’m not gonna pretend I’m confident we will.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think from a horses for courses POV this could be a horror match up for us down back given what Richmond have laid out for others to try have a crack at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I think from a horses for courses POV this could be a horror match up for us down back given what Richmond have laid out for others to try have a crack at.
    Our midfield group needs to put on the big boy pants and limit the supply otherwise it will get dicey down there with our lack of height.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Not not concerned about this. McKay was a nightmare matchup for us before he was consistently week in and week out awesome, and their midfield is pretty dynamic (in spite of their “best player” skulking around looking for cheap kicks from the guys actually doing the work). They usually trouble us for speed and have only gotten quicker with their off-season additions.

We should win but I’m not gonna pretend I’m confident we will.
    Same. In 2019 we were the first team in years to let them score 100+ points, and I still remember it vividly. If we go in thinking that a win is a formality, then we will lose. Some teams seem to match up or play better against certain teams, Carlton seem to be that (not know if beat them or not last year. But it would be nice to make a strong statement and work towards locking down a top 2 spot.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Our midfield group needs to put on the big boy pants and limit the supply otherwise it will get dicey down there with our lack of height.

And Cordy not to stand still whiles ball goes through at shin height at a critical time.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I can accept losing to a fired up, backs against the wall Richmond. I can’t accept a loss to Carlton. With the 6 weeks following this game an absolute horror show of a draw, this game sits firmly in the must effing win column.

13. Likes westbulldog, bornadog, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And Cordy not to stand still whiles ball goes through at shin height at a critical time.
    Thanks, I was just getting over that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Yep, the Carlton match committee would’ve watched our game with a huge smile on their faces...so..in part of their fwds licking their lips, and their midfield breaking even with ours (Cripps/Walsh to run riot with no tags)

Carl by 28 points
    First goal- Bruce
    Bog - Libba

I think Carlton will massively utilise the running/kicking power of Saad, therefore kicking the ball over the centre square, leaving a pagans paddock for McKay, Casbolt and Betts to get a lot of opportunities.

Looking at our next 3 games, we could quite easily be 6-4 after round 10. This is a MUST win game.
    We struggle to contain certain Carlton players, and unfortunately I think this will continue. If Harry kicks straight I’m expecting 5+ for him.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I never really thought much about Saad, I just thought he was all speed and not much else but watching the game on the weekend he was nailing some very long kicks to players down field in the open.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Saad is a tremendously overrated defender and he is kinda having a bad year but fair play he was excellent yesterday. He's also the exact sort of player we've had trouble containing, both in general and against Carlton. We shouldn't devote too much energy to it but some thought needs to be put into him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The 2019 game was a lot of over the back stuff, where we had control for most of the game but made it too easy for them to score quickly. We've been better at that this year, even the Richmond game we only conceded 11 goals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff