Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

The win shows that in the half of the game in which we had the upper hand we managed to kick sixteen more points than the opposition did in the half in which they had the upper hand.

That's actually a good thing.

I was having a look at the Tigers 2109 season, there's a few interesting results in the run home they put together against the Saints, Eagles and Geelong.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...gers?year=2019

They're a team that sticks to their system, and if folks buy into it they're always a chance of turning things around and that's what we're aspiring to be.

This is actually the reason why I really like the game played at twenty minute quarters. There's enough time for teams to regroup and change the momentum of the game within quarters and halves. You can have a rough forty minutes of football and still be in with a chance to win the game.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Jones was on Bruce.
    Liam Jones is a highly paid, elite defender. I fail to see your point
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The win shows that in the half of the game in which we had the upper hand we managed to kick sixteen more points than the opposition did in the half in which they had the upper hand.

That's actually a good thing.

I was having a look at the Tigers 2109 season, there's a few interesting results in the run home they put together against the Saints, Eagles and Geelong.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...gers?year=2019

They're a team that sticks to their system, and if folks buy into it they're always a chance of turning things around and that's what we're aspiring to be.

This is actually the reason why I really like the game played at twenty minute quarters. There's enough time for teams to regroup and change the momentum of the game within quarters and halves. You can have a rough forty minutes of football and still be in with a chance to win the game.
    Do you happen to have an almanac and a Delorean?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Do you happen to have an almanac and a Delorean?
    https://y.yarn.co/951faaf9-e992-42ac...79bf1_text.gif

Post Thanks / Like

2109?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    2109?
    I see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I'm with you on this. I think the win flatters what was a pretty lacklustre performance from the team. Great finish, but how did we get into that position in the first place is what I would be asking? Was it positional? Work effort? Match-ups? What I do know is that PA/StK/Melb are unlikely to be as accommodating as Carlton in giving up a 27 point lead.
    We were losing due to turnovers and contested Poss, even though we won the clearances and stoppages. Once we went in a bit harder and won the CP and fewer turnovers, we took control of the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks jeemak, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's an absolute cracker of a leap for a big fella, and it was great to see it happen over someone bigger than him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    And reading back in this thread some wanted him subbed off!! We expect so much of Bont. He made the odd mistake and looked a bit sore and fatigued but as champions do he willed us across the line.
    He did break our record for the most ever clangers, and still won us the match.

Ban starting...

Now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I'm with you on this. I think the win flatters what was a pretty lacklustre performance from the team. Great finish, but how did we get into that position in the first place is what I would be asking? Was it positional? Work effort? Match-ups? What I do know is that PA/StK/Melb are unlikely to be as accommodating as Carlton in giving up a 27 point lead.
    You are right it was an unflattering performance. Good teams sometimes have unflattering performances and get over the line. That to me is a good sign. You can’t always be at your best. This also allows coaches to focus on areas that need improvements. Hopefully come finals we don’t have these lapses and are at the top of our game. But you are right, play like that against Port and we get hammered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    You are right it was an unflattering performance. Good teams sometimes have unflattering performances and get over the line. That to me is a good sign. You can’t always be at your best. This also allows coaches to focus on areas that need improvements. Hopefully come finals we don’t have these lapses and are at the top of our game. But you are right, play like that against Port and we get hammered.
    Unless Port play shit too. You know, two teams can play shit at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

That brought me much joy.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracking photo
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a black eye Keath is sporting? What a fantastic acquisition he has been. Thank You Sam Power.