Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Nah. Still think we’re not top 4. I think 6-8. We’ve got Port, Saints, Dees, Freo in Perth and Geelong to come. Things could unravel quickly not even considering if we had lost today which nearly happened. I’m happy we turned it around today but we still played non-competitive football for 3 quarters which for me outweighs the 1 good quarter we played. Long way to go.
    Yep. Really tough games. Play those like today and we win 1 of those.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Anxiety.
    Relax and let it happen.
    I've lived it long enough to know to baulk it.
    I’d love to trawl forums with hindsight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    We have got ourselves back in the game. It's winnable from here.
    Fellow intuit.

Post Thanks / Like

I never give up hope at half time. We lifted in the second half and fortunately they missed a couple of chances in the third so we were not too far away at three quarter time.

I thought Jacko was really important in the last quarter as well as Caleb Daniel, Bont, Hunter and Treloar. Crozier also lifted.

But the bloke who stood up for 120 minutes was Josh Bruce. I thought his performance was immense. I always reckoned he could play at St Kilda and although his first year with us was poor he has really turned it around by getting fit and giving up alcohol. I am really pleased for him.

This was an important win and we showed that we can get up off the floor, keep punching and deliver a knockout blow to win the game. The "Old Mongoose", Archie Moore, would've been proud.

https://youtu.be/9UTsHFaZR34
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes GVGjr, kruder, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yep. Really tough games. Play those like today and we win 1 of those.
    Yeah we were off, but we righted the ship. Good teams can also play rubbish at times. Melbourne looked like they were going to get rolled by North last week for the best part of 3 Qtrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It’s gotta be mental. How can we play insipid for 3 quarters and then turn on the tap. ?
    It's good that we can turn on the tap. I thought we'd roll over

9. Likes DOG GOD, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah. Still think we’re not top 4. I think 6-8. We’ve got Port, Saints, Dees, Freo in Perth and Geelong to come. Things could unravel quickly not even considering if we had lost today which nearly happened. I’m happy we turned it around today but we still played non-competitive football for 3 quarters which for me outweighs the 1 good quarter we played. Long way to go.
    Mate we won the first and the last, plus pegged back momentum in the third.

We weren't great, I get it, but we agree that we can play better so while we're able to dig in and win like good teams do it might be more enjoyable if we avoid talking our prospects down until you know, we need to.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

11. Thanks whythelongface, Topdog thanked for this post
    Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also look at it from a glass half full viewpoint in that we played ordinary for 3/4 but managed to turn it around when it mattered. Good teams get challenged and great teams can turn it around. We also have momentum going into next week’s game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Mate we won the first and the last, plus pegged back momentum in the third.

We weren't great, I get it, but we agree that we can play better so while we're able to dig in and win like good teams do it might be more enjoyable if we avoid talking our prospects down until you know, we need to.
    Ok I’ll fall in line and trot out the mission statement.

We’ll win a premiership based on our last quarter.

Better? Sorry I forgot where I was. Thought I was in a public forum so wanted to express my opinion. I’ll look elsewhere.

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    You can also look at it from a glass half full viewpoint in that we played ordinary for 3/4 but managed to turn it around when it mattered. Good teams get challenged and great teams can turn it around. We also have momentum going into next week’s game.
    7 of 8 won and only a bad second half cost us the eighth against Richmond. Plus 150%. Most people would’ve taken that at season start.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Better? Sorry I forgot where I was. Thought I was in a public forum so wanted to express my opinion. I’ll look elsewhere.
    I'm not sure Jeemak's post was antagonistic to warrant that. As you say we're entitled to express opinions here, and also to challenge people's opinions. Jeemak wasn't disrespectful or condescending.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    This is true. What you say is completely valid and I agree with it but there are two sides to every situation. I hope you’re right. We are much better than we showed for most of today.

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry mate, that's not what I'm saying. Post whatever you like.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'm not sure Jeemak's post was antagonistic to warrant that. As you say we're entitled to express opinions here, and also to challenge people's opinions. Jeemak wasn't disrespectful or condescending.
    Didn’t think it was disrespectful or condescending. But I was told it’d be better to avoid saying certain things that others may not want to hear.

23. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wins like that are the difference between making top 4 or not. I must say it is quite humerous reading the match day thread after a come from behind win ha! Thanks for the entertainment all, love the passion go doggies.

25. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Grantysghost liked this post