Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Didn’t think it was disrespectful or condescending. But I was told it’d be better to avoid saying certain things that others may not want to hear.
    FWIW. I'm not convinced we're top 4 either. I still think we have a soft underbelly, the way we crumbled last week kind of puts doubt in my mind. Either way I'm happy with this win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I never give up hope at half time. We lifted in the second half and fortunately they missed a couple of chances in the third so we were not too far away at three quarter time.

I thought Jacko was really important in the last quarter as well as Caleb Daniel, Bont, Hunter and Treloar. Crozier also lifted.

But the bloke who stood up for 120 minutes was Josh Bruce. I thought his performance was immense. I always reckoned he could play at St Kilda and although his first year with us was poor he has really turned it around by getting fit and giving up alcohol. I am really pleased for him.

This was an important win and we showed that we can get up off the floor, keep punching and deliver a knockout blow to win the game. The "Old Mongoose", Archie Moore, would've been proud.

https://youtu.be/9UTsHFaZR34
    Fully agree with your assessment of Bruce.That was his best game for us and his consistency throughout the game meant we were always a chance. Hope to see more of that strong play.

3. Likes Grantysghost, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Didn’t think it was disrespectful or condescending. But I was told it’d be better to avoid saying certain things that others may not want to hear.
    Ok. I read it as just saying, lets save the doomsday talk, until doomsday hits, and enjoy the fact that we did what good teams do when they're seemingly down for the count, they fightback.
    Last year, we rolled over against Carlton when in a similar position. Am I happy with the first 2 and a half Qtrs? Nope. But I loved the fact we got our collective shit together and steamrolled them. I'm actually quite proud of that fight, and Bont's brilliance.

Post Thanks / Like

There was one moment that I found super frustrating. McNeil throws himself into a contest to prevent McKay from taking a mark and does so successfully, Cordy then proceeded to just stop and stare as McNeil's opponent just waltzed past him with the ball and set up an easy goal.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the game day thread back because lol but Daniel did not get enough credit for his job on Saad. Beat him so bad he’s probably gonna get dropped.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Throwing Daniel back into defense was what probably turned the game for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I just read the game day thread back because lol but Daniel did not get enough credit for his job on Saad. Beat him so bad he’s probably gonna get dropped.
    Great point. The fact that we could then flick Daniel's role in the last to an offensive one that really made a difference was great to see. First he denied Saad and then he showed him his bag of tricks to rub it in.

9. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Great point. The fact that we could then flick Daniel's role in the last to an offensive one that really made a difference was great to see. First he denied Saad and then he showed him his bag of tricks to rub it in.
    Broke Saad then broke the game. Insane stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Ok. I read it as just saying, lets save the doomsday talk, until doomsday hits, and enjoy the fact that we did what good teams do when they're seemingly down for the count, they fightback.
    Last year, we rolled over against Carlton when in a similar position. Am I happy with the first 2 and a half Qtrs? Nope. But I loved the fact we got our collective shit together and steamrolled them. I'm actually quite proud of that fight, and Bont's brilliance.
    Yeah I take your point. But my initial comment was in response to something else. It wasn’t just raised on its own. I wouldn’t have typed it generally after that win.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Broke Saad then broke the game. Insane stuff.
    Why are we using Caleb Daniel to tag a half back flanker?

That's crazy if true. Give the job to Scott or McNeil, not your blue chip distributor.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why are we using Caleb Daniel to tag a half back flanker?

That's crazy if true. Give the job to Scott or McNeil, not your blue chip distributor.
    I don’t have a great answer and he wouldn’t have been my choice, but think Daniel himself deserves a ton of credit.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Throwing Daniel back into defense was what probably turned the game for us.
    Putting your b and f into his All Australian position. Who could have known?
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t have a great answer and he wouldn’t have been my choice, but think Daniel himself deserves a ton of credit.
    Probably does but it was one of the reasons we were losing the game. I don't understand why Bevo wants to get cute like that. It could have been very costly.

Post Thanks / Like

That had to be Josh Bruce's best game ever at AFL level, surely?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That had to be Josh Bruce's best game ever at AFL level, surely?
    For us Id have to agree. Best by a long way.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"