Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Didn't there used to be some Cripps vs Bont talk? Cripps hardly sighted today.

Big signings Williams and Saad were crap.

It pains me to say it, but Jones was reasonable.
    Like Collingwood they misjudged their list. I advocated it 12 months out to the contract of Williams. But he needed to be the cream at a club, say like ours or what he was at GWS. Not the worker bee. It’s making less sense for them and his game (not bank balance). I can them going for speed in Martin, Williams & Saad with one very good tall forward and KPDs covered. But the cash in those three guys is going to curtail what they can afford to plus their list holes.

Ah well, couldn’t happen to a nicer more relevant club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So watching Bevo's presser.
    Daniel played forward because they were concerned with Carlton's taller forward line.
    They switched him in the 4th largely because, and Bevo was nice about it, but we weren't getting what we wanted from Buku's matchup, and needed to get some drive.

Also Hunter played half the game with what they think is a broken 4th metatarsal in his hand. They might need to put a plate in it.
    Tought nut.

4. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Fully agree with your assessment of Bruce.That was his best game for us and his consistency throughout the game meant we were always a chance. Hope to see more of that strong play.
    Agree he stayed at a solid level throughout and he kept us in touch. Best game for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So watching Bevo's presser.
    Daniel played forward because they were concerned with Carlton's taller forward line.
    They switched him in the 4th largely because, and Bevo was nice about it, but we weren't getting what we wanted from Buku's matchup, and needed to get some drive.

Also Hunter played half the game with what they think is a broken 4th metatarsal in his hand. They might need to put a plate in it.
    Tought nut.
    Khamis was off nearly 75 percent of the last qtr from memory.
    He did look out of position at times, searching for a player but first game of course and he'll learn.
    He seems pretty assured by foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Didn't there used to be some Cripps vs Bont talk? Cripps hardly sighted today.

Big signings Williams and Saad were crap.

It pains me to say it, but Jones was reasonable.
    Jones is a very good player but thought Bruce was outstanding. Jones doesn’t often have bags kicked on him. First time I have been impressed with Weitering. He is starting to play like a # 1 pick. They have the makings of a good team but for some reason it never seems to click-and hopefully never does. They are in the same category as Essendon. Scum both of them.

8. Likes Dry Rot, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Khamis was off nearly 75 percent of the last qtr from memory.
    He did look out of position at times, searching for a player but first game of course and he'll learn.
    He seems pretty assured by foot.
    I'm not surprised. I thought his reading of the play at VFL level was off and that he used his athleticism to make up for the lack of footy nous. At AFL level its harder. That said - I thought he was good, but I still don't see a role for him at the moment in our team - not big enough to take on the McKays - no room with Crozier, Doc and Wood to be the intercepting mid sized tall. Great to give him a game, but he will be monstered v Port who wont give us the chances that Carlton did.

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Jones is a very good player but thought Bruce was outstanding. Jones doesn’t often have bags kicked on him. First time I have been impressed with Weitering. He is starting to play like a # 1 pick. They have the makings of a good team but for some reason it never seems to click-and hopefully never does. They are in the same category as Essendon. Scum both of them.
    Weitering has been this good for at least 18 months, pretty sure he won their best and fairest last year.

I thought Keath and Cordy actually did a great job defensively. Casboult barely sighted on Zaine, who also laid a great tackle on Betts immediately after a very clever defensive spoil, and most of McKay's wins on Keath came after terrible defensive half turnovers. Our skill level in the first half was deplorable.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched Scott a little closer today. Apart from kicking 2 goals he puts in good defensive efforts that let his teammates gain possession etc. A no fuss, team orientated player. Confidence growing & more assured. I’m warming to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Watched Scott a little closer today. Apart from kicking 2 goals he puts in good defensive efforts that let his teammates gain possession etc. A no fuss, team orientated player. Confidence growing & more assured. I’m warming to him.
    His best game by a mile. He’s 26 so he’d *want* to be good now but he does a lot of work.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great win Dogs! They certainly get the heart going

Really woke up at the end of the 3rd quarter and put in a great final quarter. I thought we were off in the 1st half. We keep 2nd spot outright. The 3qtr time talk did the trick
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Weitering has been this good for at least 18 months, pretty sure he won their best and fairest last year.

I thought Keath and Cordy actually did a great job defensively. Casboult barely sighted on Zaine, who also laid a great tackle on Betts immediately after a very clever defensive spoil, and most of McKay's wins on Keath came after terrible defensive half turnovers. Our skill level in the first half was deplorable.
    Thanks. Shows how much I watch Carlton ��.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Ok I’ll fall in line and trot out the mission statement.

We’ll win a premiership based on our last quarter.

Better? Sorry I forgot where I was. Thought I was in a public forum so wanted to express my opinion. I’ll look elsewhere.
    I agree with you.We have close to the best list in the competition, but what Carlton showed today is we have a way to go before we are the best team. So there are different ways of looking at a game. The simplistic way- that was a win and that’s all there is to it. Or the sophisticated way that shows how it leads to the grand final (or not).

My text to a friend in the third quarter said Carlton is tiring so we should win. And that’s what happened. But before that Carlton used set plays and ran defined lines to exploit weaknesses in our game plan. Something which deserves saying and correcting.

18. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Buku Khamis I thought had a decent debut.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

20. Likes Ghost Dog, josie, FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    He and McNeill sacriufice their games for the team. JJ has done it two weeks in a row two

McNeill is probably leading the comp for steals and probably leading our team for blocks for the other forwards
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

22. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Buku Khamis I thought had a decent debut.
    I'm sure he was on Betts early, and Eddie taught him more than a few lessons. He seemed rushed with his first few touches as expected, but calmed down as the game went on. He was good in the air.