Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  179
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Carlton R8 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm sure he was on Betts early, and Eddie taught him more than a few lessons. He seemed rushed with his first few touches as expected, but calmed down as the game went on. He was good in the air.
    He has a decent leap on him and is not afraid of a contest. Decent debut and plenty to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I'm sure he was on Betts early, and Eddie taught him more than a few lessons. He seemed rushed with his first few touches as expected, but calmed down as the game went on. He was good in the air.
    I didn't think he was on Eddie at any point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I didn't think he was on Eddie at any point
    Yeah I thought that was left to Duryea with whacky results.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Khamis was definitely on Betts and got moved off after his third goal.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Khamis was definitely on Betts and got moved off after his third goal.
    Interesting because he wasn't close to him for 2 of those and when Eddie helped set up a goal in the 1st Buku was again no where to be seen.

I wasn't at the game so only getting the tv viewpoint

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else reckon Smith is not having a good year?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

7. Likes josie, I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Rhetorical question?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    He's tapered off in the last few weeks and is playing a slightly different role. Has only missed 20 disposals for the game twice this season. He fumbled a bit today.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's tapered off in the last few weeks and is playing a slightly different role. Has only missed 20 disposals for the game twice this season. He fumbled a bit today.
    Also didn’t lay one tackle today.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Interesting because he wasn't close to him for 2 of those and when Eddie helped set up a goal in the 1st Buku was again no where to be seen.

I wasn't at the game so only getting the tv viewpoint
    I felt that he was manned up on him (definitely started on him at some centre bounces) and the fact that he was not in the frame on TV says everything about his lockdown skills - but he might have traded at that particular point, as our defensive match ups are fairly fluid.

Wood was a far better match up for Eddie.

Post Thanks / Like

Good win. I was convinced we were done halfway through the third. Worth noting we have some really key players out - English, Dunkley and Williams are 3 massive outs. Arguably all in our best 10 or damn close to it, English structurally is just so important. When you add the likes of an in form Vandermeer and Gardiner and replace them with JJ/Cordy our depth is being tested.

For mine, the JJ forward experiment is done. It's half back or VFL. Lipinski is another I don't see room for, I'd rather Weightman. Hunter needs to stay on the wing - his move from HF to wing was crucial in the 4th.

Bont was massive, ditto Libba and Bruce.

Still carrying too many passengers (JJ, Cordy, Crozier, Lipinski, Hannan and to lesser degrees Smith, Khamis). Thought Sweet was solid and had some nice deft touches, positive game. Khamis showed a bit but positionally looked lost at times especially early v Betts.

All in all, fantastic to steamroll Caaarlton but we need some players back asap.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan has been disappointing. As a forward he doesn't impact the scoreboard nor does he apply any pressure. He doesn't get enough posessions. Am I missing something with him?

14. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Hannan has been disappointing. As a forward he doesn't impact the scoreboard nor does he apply any pressure. He doesn't get enough posessions. Am I missing something with him?
    I haven't been impressed with him and still wonder why we chased him.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2.75 quarters of lacklustre footy. Feel like we’ve left a fair few ingredients in the “how to beat the bulldogs” recipe out there for the league to piece together in our last three outings.

7-1 so won’t wring my hands too much, but that wasn’t ideal.

Said to my dad pre game that this this one had 5 goals to MacKay, a half time collapse after wasting early, dominant football, written al over it. The sort of loss that seems to have typified those days where we were concerned about losing the game at selection. Looked like it might go that way, but I suppose, credit where it is due, we did wrestle things back in our favour and close that story down.

Watching the replay now to see what looks different. At the game I thought Bruce was BOG. Then Macrae. Then Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    2.75 quarters of lacklustre footy. Feel like we’ve left a fair few ingredients in the “how to beat the bulldogs” recipe out there for the league to piece together in our last three outings.

7-1 so won’t wring my hands too much, but that wasn’t ideal.

Said to my dad pre game that this this one had 5 goals to MacKay, a half time collapse after wasting early, dominant football, written al over it. The sort of loss that seems to have typified those days where we were concerned about losing the game at selection. Looked like it might go that way, but I suppose, credit where it is due, we did wrestle things back in our favour and close that story down.

Watching the replay now to see what looks different. At the game I thought Bruce was BOG. Then Macrae. Then Bont.
    I agree with your synopsis. We were outplayed in the 1st 2.75 quarters. We somehow managed to get it together. Can't help but feel we have guys playing in the wrong positions so they are nowhere as effective as we would expect them to be. Output from Bruce (not just goals) was first rate.