Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four-tall forward line

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We have half a dozen players with a much better skill set than Wally in line for a half back position. It’s forward or bust for him.
    The problem is the majority of those players are the same - i.e. rebounders who aren't good defensively.

If 2016 Boyd was on our list, he'd be a walk up start.

If Wallis can read the play and position himself accordingly, I could see him playing a similar role.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    The problem is the majority of those players are the same - i.e. rebounders who aren't good defensively.

If Wallis can read the play and position himself accordingly, I could see him playing a similar role.
    Just like when his Father Steve went from midfield to HBF, and he was very good
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

I don't think Wally is half the player Boydy is, unfortunately. Quicker, better at ground level, better foot skills, just better.

The days of the slow yet big hearted nuggety backman, with questionable foot skills, is over and that's all Wally would be, imo. I think Adz will end up there in a year or too, as he does strike me as someone capable of making a Boyd like transition.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.