Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round five 2021 v Gold Coast

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought Keath was fantastic yesterday, 20 disposals, 9 marks
    It's also what he does with the disposals. He's normally a very composed and accurate kick and he was on the ground the whole playing time.

He's been a great addition for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's also what he does with the disposals. He's normally a very composed and accurate kick and he was on the ground the whole playing time.

He's been a great addition for us.
    Absolute stalwart for us. Honestly he would be one of our most important players, mostly because we have no backup if he gets injured. Losing Naughton would be a massive blow but we at least have Schache who can come in as a serviceable forward. And we know we’re stacked for mids and half backs. But if Keath goes down, who comes in? Cordy. In an already weak backline that’s a scary thought.

In our weakest area of the ground we’re unfortunately having the worst luck with injuries there. Losing Williams will hurt. Just shows how much luck with injuries you need to win it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Absolute stalwart for us. Honestly he would be one of our most important players, mostly because we have no backup if he gets injured. Losing Naughton would be a massive blow but we at least have Schache who can come in as a serviceable forward. And we know we’re stacked for mids and half backs. But if Keath goes down, who comes in? Cordy. In an already weak backline that’s a scary thought.

In our weakest area of the ground we’re unfortunately having the worst luck with injuries there. Losing Williams will hurt. Just shows how much luck with injuries you need to win it all.
    If Keath goes down I’m sending Naughton to defence and playing Schache forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If Keath goes down I’m sending Naughton to defence and playing Schache forward.
    Yep for sure.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale now needs to take over kick in duties from Caleb Daniel.
    2. New rules have pushed Smith and JJ to unfamiliar parts of the ground. JJ needs to learn how to adapt otherwise he won’t be in the team for long
    3. Keith, Duryea, Crozier and Wood add a hard defensive edge to our back half which will be needed come September.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    1. Bailey Dale now needs to take over kick in duties from Caleb Daniel.
    2. New rules have pushed Smith and JJ to unfamiliar parts of the ground. JJ needs to learn how to adapt otherwise he won’t be in the team for long
    3. Keith, Duryea, Crozier and Wood add a hard defensive edge to our back half which will be needed come September.
    I'd been critical of Duryea at times in the first few rounds, but overall he's been pretty good. Since coming back into the side I think Wood has been better than solid whilst Keath has been excellent. The coaching staff clearly like Crozier, I'm hoping he can get back to his best particularly with his kicking.

You're right, all of these guys are solid and tough. They're not quite Morris and Boyd level, but there's not a huge gap to bridge and at least there's four of them.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We should of been blooding Sweet and English at the same time, It's a shame we're only starting now. Sweet's tap work was excellent.
    2. Duryea and Bailey Dale are musts in our back lines, as much as I hate it, as I rate Dale as a forward, his been excellent in his new position
    3. Scores against from turn overs is still a weakness for us, needs to be addressed.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    1/ Those who questioned Bont’s ability to cover the ground after a couple of quiet games were way off the mark. He’s moving as well as ever and he has confidence to take opposing players on with his running ability. Whilst Leigh Matthews has some warped opinions when he says of Bont, ‘it’s like a grade 6er playing against grade 4’s’ it’s some praise. Almost 800m gained and 3 goals, massive game.

2/ Bailey Dale is becoming a really important player within the team. His defensive work was very solid... but his kicking is off the charts good.

3/ Jack Macrae needs to put a patent on the little 20m kick on the 45deg angle when going I50... it’s becoming an important part of his ability to influence the scoreboard which was a knock I had on him.
    3 goal assists on the weekend - equalling his career high.
    Averaging 35.2 disposals per game this year - the most in the league, in a team with several others getting big numbers.
    Incredibly over 43% of his career games he has gathered 30+ possessions (suspect it would be higher if not for short quarters last year). I'm loving what Macrae is doing this year. And for him to become our best kick to an inside 50 target, has taken him up another cog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    1. Dew summed it up in his presser when referring to our midfield group. "They are going to be hard to stop. They are going to be hard to stop."
    Love how Dew spoke about us - was so clear he had enormous respect for the way we play footy at the moment.

His opening remarks stuck - to paraphrase, our midfield are big bodies, they hit hard and invite the pressure. Love this!

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are highly confident of our ability in the middle and winning one on one contests around the ground, particularly under the high going i50. We have attitude and belief and are playing like we know we can beat anyone.

2. Duryea is a better player than I thought. He intercepted wonderfully well in the first half on top of generally making good decisions by foot. Very solid player and best 22 atm.

3. Bailey Dale is a boss. Always liked him but never envisaged him being this effective down back. Has new found courage (stands under high balls) and his kicking skills are as good as you can get.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

3. Bailey Dale is a boss. Always liked him but never envisaged him being this effective down back. Has new found courage (stands under high balls) and his kicking skills are as good as you can get.
    He kicking is off the radar. He is the best kick in the game at the moment 19.1 per cent above AFL average. The next best is 13 per cent

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    He kicking is off the radar. He is the best kick in the game at the moment 19.1 per cent above AFL average. The next best is 13 per cent
    Agreed. Was Dale, Daniel, Williams and McLean all drafted in the same year? All were speculative (i.e. outside top 25) and all have turned out to be absolute jets. Highway robbery.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Was Dale, Daniel, Williams and McLean all drafted in the same year? All were speculative (i.e. outside top 25) and all have turned out to be absolute jets. Highway robbery.
    Williams was drafted the next year. Lukas Webb was the one taken in back to back picks with Toby,

Good draft though.

18. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have done well to draft kids that can actually kick the ball. (except Mclean).

Long, accurate and seems lots of left footers as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We have done well to draft kids that can actually kick the ball. (except Mclean).

Long, accurate and seems lots of left footers as well.
    You think Mclean can't kick well? Not so sure about that I remember him being pretty decent.