Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 5, 2021 vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Which decisions in the third didn't woofers think were there?

I thought the English one was very soft - but otherwise don't recall too many issues.
    The free against Wood was fair. At first look I disagreed, but once I saw the replay, you can clearly see Wood grabbed Corbett's hand and pull it over his shoulder.
    If they pay the Wood one every time, there would 100 free kicks a game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the English one was very soft - but otherwise don't recall too many issues.
    The free against Wood was fair. At first look I disagreed, but once I saw the replay, you can clearly see Wood grabbed Corbett's hand and pull it over his shoulder.
    Croizier 50 was rubbish.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The 50 against Crozier was embarrassing for umpire #4.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw the Crozier bump live - my first thought was 'that will be 50'.

Didn't look anywhere near as bad on the replay from the other angle.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the frees were there. Our players at the time (English, Crozier and Wood) just didn't play the situation well at all or hide it well enough.
    W00F!

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see how the umpire called the one on Wood, but it was absolutely the wrong call.

It happened right in front of where I was sitting and Corbett clearly grabbed Wood (and high). Easton in trying to stay in the contest then lifted his arm and it appeared from the camera angle (and umpire view) that Wood had grabbed him.

The one against English was just wrong. Corbett simply dived forward from Timmy just trying to establish body position. At most Tim leant into him, but Corbett just dived fwd. Again the players were facing me but the umpire called from behind.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I can see how the umpire called the one on Wood, but it was absolutely the wrong call.

It happened right in front of where I was sitting and Corbett clearly grabbed Wood (and high). Easton in trying to stay in the contest then lifted his arm and it appeared from the camera angle (and umpire view) that Wood had grabbed him.

The one against English was just wrong. Corbett simply dived forward from Timmy just trying to establish body position. At most Tim leant into him, but Corbett just dived fwd. Again the players were facing me but the umpire called from behind.
    Great analysis. What really irks me now is the ' rule interpretation ' by umpire creeping into the game. Makes their job harder. Woods one was a stinker because the umpire was on the wrong side and did not see Corbett holding Wood shirt. He interpreted that would was holding

These stinkers are happening more often now in every game
    Brisbane lost to geelong because of very poor interpretation

Post Thanks / Like

With the English example he unfortunately used his body to lightly force his opponent under the ball, but didn't impact the ball's flight in any way himself leaving the umpire little choice but to pay a free. Should have just thumped it over the line instead of trying to be cute and I reckon umpiring aside that would be the message during this week's review.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Anchors
    Lachie Hunter tried to be too clever at times
    I actually thought this was Hunter's best game of the year because he didn't try to do too much (besides that right footed mung into the forward line). That handball out of congestion to Lachie McNeil was particularly sublime.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wood free kick is a joke because why is Corbett's arm over Wood's shoulder in the first place. Did Wood grab his arm put it over his shoulder and hold it there? Dumb umpiring if you ask me. Play on would of been a better decision even though Corbett had a handful of Wood's jumper
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    The Wood free kick is a joke because why is Corbett's arm over Wood's shoulder in the first place. Did Wood grab his arm put it over his shoulder and hold it there? Dumb umpiring if you ask me. Play on would of been a better decision even though Corbett had a handful of Wood's jumper
    Live at the ground it looked like a clear free, Easton had his arm wrapped up. I haven't seen a replay though other than the Marvel screens circa 2000. (time for an upgrade).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Live at the ground it looked like a clear free, Easton had his arm wrapped up. I haven't seen a replay though other than the Marvel screens circa 2000. (time for an upgrade).
    The players were facing me for this one, and it looked to me like a clear free to Wood. Corbett engaged first, with a whole arm around while also pushing with his forearm into Wood's back. Wood then instinctively grabs the arm wrapped around.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

15. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post