Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Did it hurt you to say this?
    Yes I might need a little lie down.

Post Thanks / Like

If we thought McNeil needed a rest then he never really got that. Agree he may need the week off

Post Thanks / Like

If RVDM can’t play then I’d definitely play McNeil. The combined force of their pace around the ball has really added to our overall product if not necessarily in disposals, and McNeil is generally good for directly creating 1-2 scores a game through pressure and interception.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I think May was just too good.
    Lynch having a disappointing season thus far...I am very concerned about him this coming week.
    Same. I can see him kicking 5+ against our defence if he’s given enough opportunity.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Same. I can see him kicking 5+ against our defence if he’s given enough opportunity.
    With Martin, Lambert & Prestia all missing we should own the midfield battle and from there the game should be played on our terms.

And if we're concerned about an out of form Lynch... then they will be having nightmares about Naughton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If RVDM can’t play then I’d definitely play McNeil. The combined force of their pace around the ball has really added to our overall product if not necessarily in disposals, and McNeil is generally good for directly creating 1-2 scores a game through pressure and interception.
    Can Hannan play a similar role. Seems he's been playing more a wing / high forward role in the VFL though.

But we know Bevo's flexibility mantra.

I liked some of his forward pressure in the twos, but as I've mentioned elsewhere interested to see his lateral movement more. Need a bigger sample size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With Martin, Lambert & Prestia all missing we should own the midfield battle and from there the game should be played on our terms.

And if we're concerned about an out of form Lynch... then they will be having nightmares about Naughton.
    I agree, our mids should win the battle, however, there have been games when they have been outplayed by a lesser midfield. Bolton is one we have to watch.

The thing that will concern me the most is our turnovers, where Richmond burst fwd towards a pagans paddock that might see Lynch vs Keath one out.

Regarding Naughton, I just hope we don’t just bomb hoping Naughton has a night out in the marking stakes. Balta isn’t a hack and I think will do a decent job. What we don’t want is Naughton to pluck 6 marks only to kick 1.5

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, our mids should win the battle, however, there have been games when they have been outplayed by a lesser midfield. Bolton is one we have to watch.

The thing that will concern me the most is our turnovers, where Richmond burst fwd towards a pagans paddock that might see Lynch vs Keath one out.

Regarding Naughton, I just hope we don’t just bomb hoping Naughton has a night out in the marking stakes. Balta isn’t a hack and I think will do a decent job. What we don’t want is Naughton to pluck 6 marks only to kick 1.5
    This year? The only time I think our midfield has looked in trouble was when Nic Nat was shoving the ball down Sheed & Kelly's throat in RD 2... at all other times we've been in total control.

No doubt we need to use the ball well, but the depth we have through the middle should be able to work Richmond over.

And agree that Balta is a good player, but not sure he'll be able to go with Naughts.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You will be happy to know we are the third lowest team for turnovers and Tigers are the third worse with 50 more than us in 6 games.

Here is Naughton in 2019 v Tigers. Didn't play in last years game.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes DOG GOD, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d love to see Naughts break Balta’s brain again.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes DOG GOD, Happy Days, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BAD I think you are the only one who understands if the activated SUB is in the 22 or not!

I think I finally have my head around it and for McNeil to play in the 22 next week he has to be named as an in.
    Adelaide should get him down to govern how they use the sub........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    This year? The only time I think our midfield has looked in trouble was when Nic Nat was shoving the ball down Sheed & Kelly's throat in RD 2... at all other times we've been in total control.

No doubt we need to use the ball well, but the depth we have through the middle should be able to work Richmond over.

And agree that Balta is a good player, but not sure he'll be able to go with Naughts.
    Not necessarily this year Mantis, but certainly over the last few years, where our star studded mids have come a cropper against the mids of stkilda, Gold Coast, Carlton and North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Adelaide should get him down to govern how they use the sub........
    They couldn't afford me
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes chef, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You will be happy to know we are the third lowest team for turnovers and Tigers are the third worse with 50 more than us in 6 games.

Here is Naughton in 2019 v Tigers. Didn't play in last years game.

That’s a surprising stat for me Bornadog, so thanks for pointing it out. Let’s hope our mids can give Naughton every opportunity to repeat that effort a few years ago.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

22. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post