Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  116
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But he is still without question the biggest sook in the AFL and if Ron can get one or two early it’ll be all over for him.
    sure is

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Balta was playing against his own team? A bit like Lachie Young seemed to be playing against North on Good Friday?
    Thanks for your audit check
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed a couple of Woofers have suggested Hannan as a possible in for this week. In the past two VFL games he has had to go off the ground each time for some ‘work’ with the Physios (not exactly sure what and if for the same reason both weeks), so I would suggest he needs to genuinely get thru a full VFL game before putting his hand up.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

3. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I noticed a couple of Woofers have suggested Hannan as a possible in for this week. In the past two VFL games he has had to go off the ground each time for some ‘work’ with the Physios (not exactly sure what and if for the same reason both weeks), so I would suggest he needs to genuinely get thru a full VFL game before putting his hand up.
    It looked like his minutes were being managed last Thursday. I don't think he's going to be considered this week.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be tempted to bring Wallis in as a mid for Dunkley so we don't have to shuffle too many players around. Flexibility is great within games if something isn't working but it will help us to keep as many players in familiar roles as possible
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

As per my comments in the Jamarra thread.
    I hope we keep our powder dry on JUH this week, and instead reward those in the VFL who have performed. JUH kicked 5, but I would not have said he was an influence.
    Schache has been consistent in the first couple of weeks, especially in the areas we really want him to be, namely hardness, work-rate and energy.
    So to Lipinski and West.
    If we're to maintain keen competition from our VFL players, we've got to reward them in a coherent manner when places become available.
    I'd be telling Jamarra to keep his head down, and work hard and be ready for his chance, when it comes. I don't want us to jump at shadows just because Adelaide lucked out with Thilthorpe's from the clouds selection last week. The Hawks ain't Richmond, and we need to keep winning.
    Outs
    English,
    Dunkley
    Jong,
    and possible Vandermeer (based on Bevo's comments)

Ins
    Schache
    Lipinski
    West,
    McNeil.

7. Likes Bulldog4life, DOG GOD, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    As per my comments in the Jamarra thread.
    I hope we keep our powder dry on JUH this week, and instead reward those in the VFL who have performed. JUH kicked 5, but I would not have said he was an influence.
    Schache has been consistent in the first couple of weeks, especially in the areas we really want him to be, namely hardness, work-rate and energy.
    So to Lipinski and West.
    If we're to maintain keen competition from our VFL players, we've got to reward them in a coherent manner when places become available.
    I'd be telling Jamarra to keep his head down, and work hard and be ready for his chance, when it comes. I don't want us to jump at shadows just because Adelaide lucked out with Thilthorpe's from the clouds selection last week. The Hawks ain't Richmond, and we need to keep winning.
    Outs
    English,
    Dunkley
    Jong,
    and possible Vandermeer (based on Bevo's comments)

Ins
    Schache
    Lipinski
    West,
    McNeil.

Few people reckon VDM will be omitted due to his back spasms again as well, good chance all 4 will be bought in, who knows what we do for sub.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

This weeks gut feel is Roarke Smith comes in.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This weeks gut feel is Roarke Smith comes in.
    I don't mind if we pick him as the sub as you can plug and play him in a few positions but I do hope he doesn't come into the 22.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, Stevo on Twitter is pushing Schache as the obvious replacement for English. Saying Jamarra is unlikely for this week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    FWIW, Stevo on Twitter is pushing Schache as the obvious replacement for English. Saying Jamarra is unlikely for this week.
    That makes sense to me. Schache has worked hard for his chances and covers a lot of ground.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Tigers are debuting Riley Collier Dawkins, if for no other reason than to prove he actually exists.

We really should win this game.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes merantau, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    I'd be tempted to bring Wallis in as a mid for Dunkley so we don't have to shuffle too many players around. Flexibility is great within games if something isn't working but it will help us to keep as many players in familiar roles as possible
    TBH Wallis hasn’t been an effective midfielder in our AFL team since 2015 when he filled the void left by Libba... not sure we go back to him in that role when we have other options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    TBH Wallis hasn’t been an effective midfielder in our AFL team since 2015 when he filled the void left by Libba... not sure we go back to him in that role when we have other options.
    I went back and watched the Bulldogs/Richmond game from 2019 (yeah, I've gone full nuff) and was surprised to see Wallis was in the midfield rotation that night and was at multiple centre bounces.

Would be nice if Naughton had a similar night out on Friday.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I went back and watched the Bulldogs/Richmond game from 2019 (yeah, I've gone full nuff) and was surprised to see Wallis was in the midfield rotation that night and was at multiple centre bounces.

Would be nice if Naughton had a similar night out on Friday.
    Wallis has always been good at the in and under, but due to his lack of pace, not good on the spread.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd argue Wally isn't as clean as he needs to be in order to play that mid role either.

For mine it's either Bailey Smith into the rotation / Lipinski or Hunter to the wing, or we give somebody like West a run at it.
    W00F!