Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  116
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'd argue Wally isn't as clean as he needs to be in order to play that mid role either.

For mine it's either Bailey Smith into the rotation / Lipinski or Hunter to the wing, or we give somebody like West a run at it.
    I like Baz inside to get him up and going again as he seems a bit off his tucker in the wing role now but I also like the idea of Lipinski in the middle with his elite hands. Tough one.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I went back and watched the Bulldogs/Richmond game from 2019 (yeah, I've gone full nuff) and was surprised to see Wallis was in the midfield rotation that night and was at multiple centre bounces.

Would be nice if Naughton had a similar night out on Friday.
    By the end of 2018 Wallis wasn't being used as a midfielder then come round 1 2019 he was in there from the first bounce ... his lack of effectiveness in the role meant he didn't last long.

When Wally gets his hands on the ball he uses it well by hand, but he wasn't clean at the start of this year and his lack of pace & agility means he struggles on the spread... I'd prefer we look at other options as mentioned (mixture of Smith, Lipinski & West)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'd argue Wally isn't as clean as he needs to be in order to play that mid role either.

For mine it's either Bailey Smith into the rotation / Lipinski or Hunter to the wing, or we give somebody like West a run at it.
    I hope we give West a chance at playing his natural position.

He is being wasted trying to mould him into a small forward.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wallis made a fist of playing as a forward last year when there was little else on offer. Now with a far stronger midfield with the addition of Martin and Treloar, his mental toughness could make him a good substitute for Dunkley.
    West appeals more of a crumbing forward which we lack given our over reliance on the 3 talls in Naughton Bruce and English.
    Lipinski also deserves to be selected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    By the end of 2018 Wallis wasn't being used as a midfielder then come round 1 2019 he was in there from the first bounce ... his lack of effectiveness in the role meant he didn't last long.

When Wally gets his hands on the ball he uses it well by hand, but he wasn't clean at the start of this year and his lack of pace & agility means he struggles on the spread... I'd prefer we look at other options as mentioned (mixture of Smith, Lipinski & West)
    I would use Wallis as a replacement for Libba on rotations. An in-and-under type that gets first hands on the ball. I would then rotate Wally into the small forward role to rest ... if he snags one/two goals then its a bonus. He's a tough S.O.B. who tackles hard.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Wallis made a fist of playing as a forward last year when there was little else on offer. Now with a far stronger midfield with the addition of Martin and Treloar, his mental toughness could make him a good substitute for Dunkley.
    West appeals more of a crumbing forward which we lack given our over reliance on the 3 talls in Naughton Bruce and English.
    Lipinski also deserves to be selected.
    Interesting in that I see Wallis as a possible inclusion to replace Timmy with Bruce helping out in the ruck more so than as a midfielder.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Interesting in that I see Wallis as a possible inclusion to replace Timmy with Bruce helping out in the ruck more so than as a midfielder.
    Same. Wallis for me is so far back in the mid rotations. I'd be putting one of or a combination of Bailey Smith, Lipinski or West in something akin to the Dunkley role.

English is our third marking forward, which is the position Wallis plays. Schache on form is ahead of him in this regard and is a pretty good poor mans English and JUH gets a game well ahead of Wallis in this spot assuming we think he can run out the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick Wallis in this role, but if you were Josh Schache surely you'd be asking what more could you do to get picked.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I think Wallis could fill in some minutes in the midfield here and there, but we'd be less dynamic than with others. He is still strong, and he has excellent hands, it's just that his inclusion pegs our collective speed back a bit.

Where he's ahead of JUH is in his ability to get up and down the ground, he does a lot of that and there's a reason he finds himself one-out a lot and it's because he works his arse off aerobically.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski a confirmed in via the Dogs website.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/923152

Mitch Hannan will make his Western Bulldogs debut against Richmond at the MCG on Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Good replacement for VDM.

Post Thanks / Like

OK thats two of the in's why don't they just announce the side and not just me with little snippets

With Hannan, Lippa in that leaves spots for West and Josh. good team IMO. we are gonna be a hand full for the tigers
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Given the Hannan announcement and no other new player news, I have to assume JUH isn't making his debut this week as I'm sure we would've had another announcement like this as we have done for all debutants.

Post Thanks / Like

Hannan’s pace and natural goal sense will be so welcome in our forward line. Finger crossed his groins are up to it.

Post Thanks / Like

The only question is Schache as a direct swap for English or Marra into Bruce's role, Bruce into English's.