Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  116
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

Richmond's backline is suss as. Naughty must be salivating.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Richmond's backline is suss as. Naughty must be salivating.
    It would be a much better prospect if he could just develop a reliable, consistent goal kicking action that he can trust ALL OF THE TIME.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    It would be a much better prospect if he could just develop a reliable, consistent goal kicking action that he can trust ALL OF THE TIME.
    Ow your wishing for 6 years of neglect under Bevo to be addressed in a matter of weeks.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure but it is what it is. He'll miss easy ones and get hard ones but he creates havoc and makes backmen nervous .
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Should Naughts start doing the Stevie J snap style kick when he's 20 metres out dead in front? Surely it couldn't be worse
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim English - to be replaced by Josh Schache as the 3rd tall forward. Schache has excellent form at Footscray and deserves a chance. He can give Martin a hand in the ruck as well so we maintain our forward structure. The other option is to bring in Jamarra and Bruce helps out in the ruck.

Josh Dunkley - I'd go with Mitch Wallis as the inside midfielder in the same role as Dunkley. Again it maintains our midfield structure and allows Bont, Treloar & Smith to continue their current dynamic free roaming roles rather than getting bogged down doing more heavy lifting. This is a natural position for Wallis in my view. The alternative here is to give Rhylee West a go. It wouldn't surprise me if Garcia was given a call up. Bevo has been talking him up.

Lin Jong - Logically Pat Lipinski comes in and he deserves another chance after his display at Footscray last week. I'd just like to see him hit the scoreboard a bit more and be more committed defensively. He only needs to look at how Bailey Dale has improved in this area for a few tips. These improvements will help him become a permanent in the team. The other option/s is Jamarra depending on how English is replaced or West as a small forward/midfielder.

In: Schache, Wallis & Lipinski

Medical sub: Vandermeer or Scott
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    In: Schache, Wallis & Lipinski

Medical sub: Vandermeer or Scott
    Hey Doc, Bevo mentioned Vander was also out, I think due to injury. I would replace him with McNeil, otherwise I agree with your changes.

So in reality, we have to consider 4 outs, plus what to do with McNeil who was a medical sub.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring Dicko back as kicking coach....especially for Naughty.

Post Thanks / Like

Weather looks fine Friday night with limited wind and a mild day.

Do we need to bring in a like for like for English?

Playing both Martin and Sweet isn't going to work and I can't see Beveridge bringing in Josh Schache.

That only leaves Lewis Young as the second ruck.

Ironically this is the week you'd use Dunkley as your second ruck.
    Last edited by azabob; 26-04-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I’m worried about Schache getting picked and completely going to water if he doesn’t start well again.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    To be honest I’m worried about Schache getting picked and completely going to water if he doesn’t start well again.
    I'm confident he can be as effective as English has been in the past 2 games which is extremely limited... and given the forward craft he has I think he might be able to find some space on Friday night.

He deserves an opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else concerned with Cordy? Looked the same old Cordy on the weekend struggles to find the right postioning, rarely takes an intercept mark, and struggles one on one.

If we are consistent as we are with Young then if he struggles on Friday night he gets replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Anyone else concerned with Cordy? Looked the same old Cordy on the weekend struggles to find the right postioning, rarely takes an intercept mark, and struggles one on one.

If we are consistent as we are with Young then if he struggles on Friday night he gets replaced.
    Yes.

He looks slower than ever before too.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

He never impressed in the VFL games was a very surprising inclusion.
    To be fair I thought he was ok on Friday although long term I'd like to see Khamis.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS had three players over 195cm in their forward line and they kicked 1 goal. I think Cordy did his job without being a star.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Likes Threedogs liked this post