Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  116
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 7 Vs Richmond 2021

I have a feeling Richmond might try to stretch us and play an extra tall forward this week. They were way too short against Melbourne.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I have a feeling Richmond might try to stretch us and play an extra tall forward this week. They were way too short against Melbourne.
    I think May was just too good.
    Lynch having a disappointing season thus far...I am very concerned about him this coming week.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Lynch having a disappointing season thus far...I am very concerned about him this coming week.
    Even allowing for shorter games in 2020 Lynch hasn't kicked more than 3 goals in a game since the 2019 PF.

And yes, I've probably put the Kiss of Death on us, but form suggests we should be more concerned about Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    May is a deadset star but with Tomlinson clamping on Riewoldt, Lever was just left to play as the clean up defender, either taking marks or impacting contests. Lynch rarely had a contest on his own with May.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Anyone else concerned with Cordy? Looked the same old Cordy on the weekend struggles to find the right postioning, rarely takes an intercept mark, and struggles one on one.

If we are consistent as we are with Young then if he struggles on Friday night he gets replaced.
    He gets another game, but he did look slow to react.
    Young isn't the answer and Cordy is showing he isn't either. Khamis is 190cm and not a KPD at AFL level.

Can we all just agree that we need Gardner back ASAP?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes Testekill, jeemak, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Young isn't the answer and Cordy is showing he isn't either. Khamis is 190cm and not a KPD at AFL level.

Yes, we do.

Post Thanks / Like

May is a deadset star but with Tomlinson clamping on Riewoldt, Lever was just left to play as the clean up defender, either taking marks or impacting contests. Lynch rarely had a contest on his own with May.
    Wood is in decent form and Crozier is building. We should be able to get some sort of system going that allows our interceptors to chop guys out if our mids run defensively, which is only an 'if' as Lippi will probably come in after his VFL performance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to agree that Gardner isn't the answer... but maybe the most suitable of the current bunch.

10. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as we all want Young to succeed, at this stage Gardner has done the job - so yes we want him back.

Young a massive disappointment last week. Lippa got dropped, did not sulk, and just got on with showing he deserves a spot, whereas, to me Young looked dejected and played that way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes ratsmac, Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood is in decent form and Crozier is building. We should be able to get some sort of system going that allows our interceptors to chop guys out if our mids run defensively, which is only an 'if' as Lippi will probably come in after his VFL performance.
    If Richmond go in with the same forward line as last week, I’m pretty comfortable with our defensive set up. The Riewoldt match up is the biggest question mark though. Zaine better have his skates on.

Post Thanks / Like

If Richmond go in with the same forward line as last week, I’m pretty comfortable with our defensive set up. The Riewoldt match up is the biggest question mark though. Zaine better have his skates on.
    Wood has taken on Riewoldt in the past, but I wouldn't like that, as he isn't the same player.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Wood has taken on Riewoldt in the past, but I wouldn't like that, as he isn't the same player.
    Wood is better suited to Costagna or Caddy (if he plays).

Cordy is the man for the job and will need to play out of his skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood is better suited to Costagna or Caddy (if he plays).

Cordy is the man for the job and will need to play out of his skin.
    Last time around Cordy did the job on Riewoldt holding him to just 1 goal which was from a mark in the goal square when he gave Zaine a big shove in the back that wasn't picked up on.

The game has changed, but in our last outing Dusty, Aarts and Castagna combined for 8 goals as we were touched up at ground level.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the Gardner commentary in 2021.

Can we just ease up a bit on Cordy for a second or two though (and this isn't about your post Mofra or your post Kruder) - it was his FIRST GAME in > 6 months...he's probably going to be a bit rusty. I thought he played with effort and energy and whilst I know we don't like to admit it GWS have Himmelberg, Finlayson and Ricardi all running around (not to mention Greene) and whilst none are world beaters all are competent AFL players who have to be defended...we kept them to NINE goals.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I think what Buku brings is someone like Gardner that can read the play well, jump higher than most and effectively spoil.
    Except he is also agile and has good skills.

How much of today's current football is physical wresting between a key forward like Hawkins and a key back. I'd say less this year than last year. I'd bring Buku in for JJ who has been a real disappointment of late. Only 161 meters gained for the match. Only better than Vanders, English, McNeil (sub), Jong (subbed), Keath and Scott.

Young was ordinary in the reserves game, West and Lippa were standouts and deserve a chance.

Who to come in for Tim is a difficult decision, i think Bevo will go with Sweet.