Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  154
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8 Vs Carlton 2021

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Would love to drop Cordy, but for what?
    Might sound harsh, but does it matter?

What does Cordy actually bring? If anyone says the ability to compete, losing almost every 1-v1 is not my idea of competing and I'm not even taking last night into consideration because he's never laying a glove on Lynch. He was set up to fail.

Cordy doesn't rebound, he's the slowest on the list, he doesn't mark the ball, he's undersized... I'm not sure what the point of playing him is? At AFL level you need to bring at least ONE standout trait. Young isn't the long term answer but at least when he plays well, he has the ability to read the play and intercept mark which allows us to win the ball back and attack. Cordy doesn't defend and he doesn't attack so why persist?

If it were up to me he wouldn't even be on the list.
    W00F!

2. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

What does Cordy actually bring? If anyone says the ability to compete, losing almost every 1-v1 is not my idea of competing and I'm not even taking last night into consideration because he's never laying a glove on Lynch. He was set up to fail.

Cordy doesn't rebound, he's the slowest on the list, he doesn't mark the ball, he's undersized... I'm not sure what the point of playing him is? At AFL level you need to bring at least ONE standout trait. Young isn't the long term answer but at least when he plays well, he has the ability to read the play and intercept mark which allows us to win the ball back and attack. Cordy doesn't defend and he doesn't attack so why persist?

I’m not sure I get what you mean.

It is an interesting point though, what AFL qualities does Zaine have? There isn’t anything he really excels at and with the deficiencies he has he is struggling to find a role.

4. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: JJ, schache, Cordy, (not dropped, punted out of whiten oval)

In: English, vandermeer, don’t know

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is: yep
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I just get baffled why we persist with Cordy when we have a more agile, capable marking, taller defender playing VFL.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Schache, JJ, Cordy

In: English, Khamis, Vandermeer

Rough night for some guys I've spent some bandwidth defending. Playing JJ is compounding his issues right now, he needs to play a block of twos footy and remember that he's actually good as hell at the game.

Schache can never fully never play again. He just doesn't have it in him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree. I just get baffled why we persist with Cordy when we have a more agile, capable marking, taller defender playing VFL.
    Because Young played like Cordy did last game, but without the competitiveness.

The problem was the midfield losing 7+ centre clearances in a row in the 3/4rd quarter, not a KPD we already knew was outclassed.

English comes in for Schache. JJ was out of the game but he was playing in the HF dead zone, but if VDM is fit that's an easy swap.
    I'm really keen to find a way to get Weightman into the team. I know there are probably a couple ahead of him but if we lack energy around the contest, he's the most energetic on the list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy doesn't have that much height on Khamis and that's not taking Khamis' clear edge in pace and agility, might as well see what he can do. Young also covers Cordy for height and pace although he's no competitive at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    What about giving Buku a go? I can’t see him doing worse than Cordy
    We actually miss Gardiner more than some people want to admit. He has excellent closing speed and reads the play quite well compared to Cordy. His last 5 games in 2020 and the beginning of this year showed he had improved.

13. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Cordy doesn't have that much height on Khamis and that's not taking Khamis' clear edge in pace and agility, might as well see what he can do. Young also covers Cordy for height and pace although he's no competitive at all.
    Young will get slaughtered by Harry and Casboult seems to save his best for us. Young is ok playing loose man in the back line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Young will get slaughtered by Harry and Casboult seems to save his best for us. Young is ok playing loose man in the back line.
    Trouble is there is no one else.

See how they go in the VFL today before I make up my mind on selection.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

How do we know? He never gets much of a chance. Just play him, he's the best we've got.

Post Thanks / Like

At this stage I would drop Schache, JJ, West, Cordy, but I don't know who to bring in at this stage
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We actually miss Gardiner more than some people want to admit. He has excellent closing speed and reads the play quite well compared to Cordy. His last 5 games in 2020 and the beginning of this year showed he had improved.
    Not sure how much of it is missing Gardner and how much is missing an actual competent key defender. Gardner is the best of a poor lot. I wish we had someone actually good on the list to miss, none of the options are even potentially that good (Khamis is not a key defender).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

19. Likes DOG GOD, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: English, Young, McNeil, Sweet
    Out: Schache, Cordy, JJ, Stef

Medical sub: Wally