Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  154
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8 Vs Carlton 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm told the video for this one will be good.

Absolutely rapt for Buku.
    It was - bit of dust in my eye
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

2. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be coming in for Cordy? If so we’ll be really small down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm told the video for this one will be good.

Absolutely rapt for Buku.
    Watching it now. What a wonderful story. Congrats!!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m fascinated by how the side will look now Buku is confirmed. Are we going smaller in defence or is he replacing Wood/Crozier?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    It was - bit of dust in my eye
    Bevo very emotional - (me too)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be for JJ? If Young isn't in, I hope Cordy is out anyway.

I assume McNeil will be back in, so maybe that who takes JJ's 'spot'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’m fascinated by how the side will look now Buku is confirmed. Are we going smaller in defence or is he replacing Wood/Crozier?
    Yeah I’m keen to see the final teams as I wouldn’t have thought carlton were the best team to go in small against.

Are Thursday night teams back this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Schache is playing this week listening to the presser from today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Wood is compiling a very good season as a lock-down defender. I see Crozier's position in the team as the more vulnerable of the two. Buku would be a good replacement for him.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bevo very emotional - (me too)
    Aye - I remember reading during the pre season that Buku had to be taken out of certain drills in training as he was messing up the rhythm, hence the ‘2 million to 1’ chance to make it.

Hopefully his persistence will resonate with the rookie group we’ve got.

Can’t wait to see him play, he was very good against Melbourne in the pre season, has all the tools.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Wood is compiling a very good season as a lock-down defender. I see Crozier's position in the team as the more vulnerable of the two. Buku would be a good replacement for him.
    Crozier very disappointing last week. Needs to find some form
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

English no certainty to face Blues, says Beveridge

Emerging ruck-forward Tim English will not be a definite starter this weekend, according to Western Bulldogs senior coach Luke Beveridge.

English suffered a concussion in the round six win over the GWS Giants, and was subsequently forced to sit out of last weekend’s loss to Richmond.

Beveridge said there are still a few boxes that need to be ticked off before English can return to the line-up.

He said Josh Schache had shown some pleasing signs in English’s absence last week.

“We’ll be cautious with (Tim) – if there’s any indication that he may need another week then we just won’t play him - he’s not a walk-up to definitely start this week,” Beveridge told media on Thursday morning.

“The great thing about Josh (Schache) last week was although he wasn’t having his best game, he persevered.

“I thought his last quarter was encouraging – he hasn’t played a lot of AFL footy in recent times, so we don’t want him to go out of the team but if Tim does play it probably influences some of our decision making around those roles.”

The Bulldogs suffered a 22-point loss to Richmond last Friday night, with Beveridge admitting his side “lost composure” in the second half.

“There was a bit of that (loss of composure) but there was also heat from Richmond, and I think their pressure game was strong,” Beveridge said.

“There’s no doubt in open space last week we were challenged - I think every team is when you give that much flow to the opposition, but there were sometimes where we felt like we should have been better.”

The Bulldogs will have to contend with a Blues’ outfit that have troubled them in recent times - and with an in-form Harry McKay leading the way.

“It’s going to be a challenge (against Carlton) for the boys who play there, whether it’s ‘Keathy’ or Zaine, or whether we pick ‘Lewy’ Young or not,“ Beveridge said.

“We’ve just got to make sure we limit the supply – that’s the main thing. We always say that, but hopefully we can halve some of those balls (coming into our defensive 50).”

Post Thanks / Like

Schache will play if English doesn’t get up. Young a possibility to come in going by the presser. Either him or Cordy. So remains to be seen who Buku is coming in for.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see Buku playing his first game. Fantastic video there on the WB site with Bevo getting emotional, pity they edited a lot of it out.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Lewis Young get a game along side him, they seem to be best mates as they are always sitting together in the team meetings. Not that it means that much but i think they make a good combination with Keath as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Sounds like Schache is playing this week listening to the presser from today.
    We might get to see West stay in too, give the kids a couple of weeks to see if composure makes them perform.
    West certainly deserves his chance after his VFL form. I hope he gets another game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

18. Likes josie liked this post