Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  154
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8 Vs Carlton 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But does he make good points?

Did anyone here want Schache to play again? With McNeil being managed did anyone think that after last week West should have kept him out after playing selfish and reckless football when by all accounts McNeil has been playing high pressure team oriented football?

Sure he got JJ having a bad game right, but does he know what role JJ will be playing tomorrow?
    I would have liked West to stay in another week personally but I mean it's a fine line between managing players and winning games. As a Father I'd be pissed off as well as a supporter it is what it is. Westy was always one of my favourites so really hope his son gets back in and doesn't look back.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone here want Schache to play again? With McNeil being managed did anyone think that after last week West should have kept him out after playing selfish and reckless football when by all accounts McNeil has been playing high pressure team oriented football?

Sure he got JJ having a bad game right, but does he know what role JJ will be playing tomorrow?
    I agree with him in that I also think Rhylee was stiff to get dropped. I just have a personal ideological preference for young developing players to at least get a few weeks at the level to prove themselves (and work on fixing mistakes from the prior week). That is, unless their first up performance was so bad you couldn't pick them again...which is the position Schache finds himself in.

Schache was a 100% guaranteed omission so don't know why he brought that up to beef up his argument, and throwing JJ under the bus is very poor on Westy's behalf.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ was awful. If it wasn't his 150th he'd probably be out this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I agree with him in that I also think Rhylee was stiff to get dropped. I just have a personal ideological preference for young developing players to at least get a few weeks at the level to prove themselves (and work on fixing mistakes from the prior week). That is, unless their first up performance was so bad you couldn't pick them again...which is the position Schache finds himself in.

Schache was a 100% guaranteed omission so don't know why he brought that up to beef up his argument, and throwing JJ under the bus is very poor on Westy's behalf.
    Normally I do as well, but possibly in this instance, and I don't know this for sure McNeil comes back in because West didn't grab his opportunities with both hands meaning the rested incumbent comes back in. That also happens to younger players all the time, and I'm fine with it.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    JJ was awful. If it wasn't his 150th he'd probably be out this week.
    As jeemak said, it looks like he is earmarked for a different role this week. If he was playing that weird half forward role we've shoehorned him into, I dare say he'd be one getting the knife but his linebreaking ability may be required across half back.

He's on thin ice though and there is a spot in the side for Rhylee. Just has to keep putting his hand up while working on his deficiencies.

We're 6-1 ffs, we need to pick the team we think can win, not 'develop the kids'. Dropping Rhylee West isn't a hanging offence, that's for sure and it just makes Scotty look like a bitter and entitled footy dad.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Shut up Scott. Whether or not your points are relevant, this does nothing to help Rylee, or the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I'm happy with the changes.

8. Likes jeemak, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Shut up Scott. Whether or not your points are relevant, this does nothing to help Rylee, or the Dogs.
    Are we sure it is him, or a fake account?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are we sure it is him, or a fake account?
    Who on earth in 2021 would make and maintain a Scott West parody account?

If it is fake it's probably someone on here.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes jeemak, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Not only that, but who would make a parody lame husband/wife Scott West account?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

My mind was completely blown by the mere concept of a fake Scott and Lindie account.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure he got JJ having a bad game right, but does he know what role JJ will be playing tomorrow? And according to the sources I've checked JJ got the same amount of touches that West did anyway.............so at the same time as feeling aggrieved is he actually just vindictive and full of shit?
    5 weeks of good form at Footscray and he is dumped after one poor showing is a well made point for me. It's not like he was selected to replace one particular player who's now good to go again.
    The problem for Rhylee is that we are very deep at the position he probably plays his best footy. Scott West knows better than to call the coach out on the non selection of his son.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    5 weeks of good form at Footscray and he is dumped after one poor showing is a well made point for me. It's not like he was selected to replace one particular player who's now good to go again.
    The problem for Rhylee is that we are very deep at the position he probably plays his best footy. Scott West knows better than to call the coach out on the non selection of his son.
    No he doesn't.

Are we sure whether it's not as simple as West going out as a straight swap for McNeil?

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He is being replaced by McNeil who is team oriented and a high pressure type who has performed his role pretty well so far. I understand the disappointment (and would have probably dropped Hannan before West if it was me) but if Scotty took off the bitter father glasses, he'd see the decision makes some sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Rhylee was woeful, and with a team gunning for the top of the top, we don't have the luxury of carrying guys, who aren't alert, and team focused.
    I am a big Rhylee West fan, and think he has attributes to thrive at the top level, but with McNeil being ahead of him, West at least had to break even to remain in the team. He stank. Back to VFL, push again. Nothing to see here.

The only thing I'll give Scott West, is how the heck JJ survives based on the same criteria.