Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  154
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8 Vs Carlton 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    But does he make good points?

Did anyone here want Schache to play again? With McNeil being managed did anyone think that after last week West should have kept him out after playing selfish and reckless football when by all accounts McNeil has been playing high pressure team oriented football?

Sure he got JJ having a bad game right, but does he know what role JJ will be playing tomorrow? And according to the sources I've checked JJ got the same amount of touches that West did anyway.............so at the same time as feeling aggrieved is he actually just vindictive and full of shit?
    No need to go full kamikaze on Westy. A bit of respect wouldnt go astray. A counter argument to simply being purposefully vindictive might be that he lives and dies for his club. Has always given his all for this place, has always been loyal and left blood on the field. He bleeds red white and blue he's always at the club. Always watches Rhylee play VFL, is an incredibly passionate and emotional beast and the times I have spoke to him is generous with his time and always happy to talk about the Bulldogs.

Sure he had a mad footy Dad moment, sure he could have done better, but he loves the club and wants his son to succeed. I actually agreed with everything he said he really did voiced everything we were all thinking albeit with a Ricky Gervais-like delivery. JJ has stunk it up all year, Schache definitely deserved another chance he was spot on. Why play him for one game against Richmond then drop him the next week. The MC are saying whoops we got that wrong. If you're picking players back them in.

Bevo will be ok with it and understand where it came from, he will be a bit pissed at the nature of the delivery and that he'll likely have to address it during the post-match presser but I'd think West has already flicked him an apology text.

Anyway, I'm sure we've all moved on.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

2. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    No need to go full kamikaze on Westy. A bit of respect wouldnt go astray. A counter argument to simply being purposefully vindictive might be that he lives and dies for his club. Has always given his all for this place, has always been loyal and left blood on the field. He bleeds red white and blue he's always at the club. Always watches Rhylee play VFL, is an incredibly passionate and emotional beast and the times I have spoke to him is generous with his time and always happy to talk about the Bulldogs.

Sure he had a mad footy Dad moment, sure he could have done better, but he loves the club and wants his son to succeed. I actually agreed with everything he said he really did voiced everything we were all thinking albeit with a Ricky Gervais-like delivery.

Bevo will be ok with it and understand where it came from, he will be a bit pissed at the nature of the delivery and that he'll likely have to address it during the post-match presser but I'd think West has already flicked him an apology text.

Yeah, for the most part, I don't disagree with what West said. Although I do believe that Rhylee is more making way for McNeil rather than being dropped. Schache has been dropped though which is strange given Bevo's presser during the week.

Scott is a champion of the club but also a Dad. So I get his frustration but he needed to take a breath before acting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Like all dads from juniors to AFL keep your nose out of it Scott....if you are going to say it, say it man to man to Bevo and keep it between the 2 of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugly parent syndrome Scott West.
    You do Rhylee your son no service in fact a disservice.
    Do you have no patience?
    You are riding your son like a jockey.

6. Likes GVGjr, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything, Scott should’ve contacted Bevo for just some clarification as to why. He’s admitted his son didn’t have a good game, and there’s obviously things Westy needs to work on. I’m sure he will get some more opportunities, and it’s a matter of taking them. McNeil and Scott can keep their places due to their team orientated roles. Rhylee needs to look at what these guys are doing. He’s got more natural ability, but it’s the team things that’s probably keeping him out of the team.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Not a big thing, but the kids name is Rhylee.
    I just edited my post from last night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Sure he had a mad footy Dad moment, sure he could have done better, but he loves the club and wants his son to succeed. I actually agreed with everything he said he really did voiced everything we were all thinking albeit with a Ricky Gervais-like delivery. JJ has stunk it up all year, Schache definitely deserved another chance he was spot on. Why play him for one game against Richmond then drop him the next week. The MC are saying whoops we got that wrong. If you're picking players back them in.

Look, my first head cold in over a year and a half kicked in yesterday so I was a little bit grumpy (I also had to have a 'rona test, which has already come back negative so my day wasn't great!). I get that he's passionate but it was self-gratifying of him to do what he did and rotten in the extreme to drag JJ into it.

Not sure that I agree that most of us wanted West and Schache to be retained. For the former I think the tone was it's unfavourable to drop a kid after just one game but he had to go because of his lack of discipline and team orientation. As for Schache I recall the tone being he shouldn't ever play for the club again, which isn't my view but definitely is the polar opposite to what Scotty's written.

Anyway I hope you're right that West has likely apologised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Not a big thing, but the kids name is Rhylee.
    Sorry, i should know better.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache definitely deserved another chance he was spot on. Why play him for one game against Richmond then drop him the next week.

1eyedog.

But did he???

The last 2 times Schache has been selected he has had less than 60% game time, he just sits out the game . No other Bulldog player in the last 20 years can say that. His selection has nothing to do with having a role.

according to the afl stats, compiled by someone independent, When he was on the field he contributed to the team result at a faster rate than Bruce, Hannan etc. He didn’t run into an open goal and hit the post.He didn’t miss the easiest goal of the game from the goal square. He isn’t the one who failed to touch the ball when Houli could not make the distance.

Schache cops the blame for everything, never seen any of his efforts praised here. Others who do incompetent actions can always hide behind the fact that they are not Schache.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache definitely deserved another chance he was spot on. Why play him for one game against Richmond then drop him the next week.

1eyedog.

But did he???

The last 2 times Schache has been selected he has had less than 60% game time, he just sits out the game . No other Bulldog player in the last 20 years can say that. His selection has nothing to do with having a role.

according to the afl stats, compiled by someone independent, When he was on the field he contributed to the team result at a faster rate than Bruce, Hannan etc. He didn’t run into an open goal and hit the post.He didn’t miss the easiest goal of the game from the goal square. He isn’t the one who failed to touch the ball when Houli could not make the distance.

Schache cops the blame for everything, never seen any of his efforts praised here. Others who do incompetent actions can always hide behind the fact that they are not Schache.
    Well that's rubbish.

I get that he didn't do those awful things that you listed, but he also didn't compete when he really needed to or keep his head with the footy when he really needed to.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's rubbish.

I get that he didn't do those awful things that you listed, but he also didn't compete when he really needed to or keep his head with the footy when he really needed to.
    I reckon every single person on here wants him to succeed.

He was ok in the last quarter, reckon he's definitely built up his strength, but he was pretty bad early..

It's such a competitive league you just can't gift games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I reckon every single person on here wants him to succeed.

He was ok in the last quarter, reckon he's definitely built up his strength, but he was pretty bad early..

It's such a competitive league you just can't gift games.
    The last part is a good point. If we were 1-6 you might / would. We aren’t, so we haven’t.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it but West not in the VFL
    Med Sub?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post

1eyedog.

But did he???

I'm starting to wonder whether you're just trolling here?

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's rubbish.

It’s not rubbish, it’s a fact.

He has had less than 60% game time.

What did Hannan contribute? Nothing
    What did Scott contribute? Nothing
    What did Bruce contribute? Nothing (except trying to look like a clown).
    What did Schache contribute? Nothing.

So how are they different? Schache spent twice as long or more on the bench.

The guy isn’t on the ground long enough to see who is around him.

last week’s loss had nothing to do with Schache. It started with the selection committee and finished with the whole team.

How did Geelong beat a stronger Richmond team by 10 goals. By being smart at selection.