Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  154
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 8 Vs Carlton 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Schache was a strange selection, in my opinion. He had no defined role and sat on the bench for more than 40% of the game. I certainly would not have selected him. It has only damaged his career.
    So he shouldn’t have been selected but we should keep him in?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Nonsense. Who said get a ruckman and was ridiculed for years? Who said move English to the forward line and was ridiculed for years?

I have been happy with the changes. I agree with most of the comments on here and have found them very informative. Nothing to add to what I think is already correct.

I am very pleased to see that we are headed for finals already.

But look at how we got to this point. We have defeated the two bottom teams. Good, I will take any win.

What happened when we met a depleted Richmond? Disaster.

That has to be addressed very quickly because it is pointing out a problem which, if not addressed will derail our good progress.

It is not cherry picking to say that game revealed something significant. I would love to see the forum address it.
    No doubt we have areas to address. Tell me which doesn’t? We also have deficiencies in areas that currently can’t be addressed by our playing group mainly because they aren’t good enough eg. Young, Schache - again what teams don’t have deficiencies. It was hardly a disaster losing to a determined and strong Richmond team (despite them having a few players out). Every team will have down games throughout the season but it is how you respond to these loses as to what counts. Port Adelaide were awful against Brisbane but no one is writing them off.

By reading some posts it feels like we are 1-6 rather than 6-1.

To your point about the ruck and English being ridiculed for years is over the top look at me drama. What is wrong if posters rebutt your comments and have different opinions? You were proved right in some of your comments, I think we all agree that this is great after all we want our team to succeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Bailey Williams says he's very likely to be available for selection next week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bulldogtragic, DOG GOD, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Good. We miss him, English and Dunks ALOT.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And English as well. Should put a few on notice to step up and give it everything this week against the Blues.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.