Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What builds belief? Wins? Or Losses?

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Did last night’s win build belief?

We did the business in a game where we had some adversity with injury, were down a little on the sort of effort we have been seeing but still found enough to bust it open and break them.

The performance was fairly mediocre in the grand scheme of things. Less about the team’s belief and more perhaps about a few individuals.
    I think that is the type of win that certainly helps.

While not getting headed after the first goal, they were under pressure throughout. When we lost Dunkley and English the game was still on the line, but they found another gear when it was really needed.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think that is the type of win that certainly helps.

While not getting headed after the first goal, they were under pressure throughout. When we lost Dunkley and English the game was still on the line, but they found another gear when it was really needed.
    Agree. We always looked like we had that extra little bit to pull away if we wanted. That we did it with the bench situation and where a team was hanging on a little longer than we might have expected was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Next week against the tigers is the game for mine. MCG, Friday night, what should be a pretty big crowd and tv audience.
    The Tigers will be hunting us for sure. Dunks/English will be huge outs.

I noticed on Sportsbet yesterday the Tigers were $1.70 favourites. Now after the Dunks/English injuries, they have dropped to $1.58

It’s going to be a HUGE game, both mentally and physically. We need to be switched on 100% from the first bounce, and we need to come out hungry. For mine, the belief will shine through in THIS game. Reigning premiers on their home turf. Win this, and the belief should be sky high.
    I will never see #16 the same!!