As we draw closer to the game vs the orange - and with the background of the recent news article comparing the start of our season in 2016 to these past five weeks - and I have been wondering whether wins or losses build more belief in footy teams.

I mean, of course you have to win to believe...but.

I have always had the feeling that the loss to Geelong back in 2016 was absolutely key to the premiership. We played well that day. Copped a heap of injuries but didn't give in...and ultimately lost the 'battle' - then went on to win the 'war' (though that is pretty inappropriate terminology at any time and REALLY inappropriate with ANZAC Day approaching).

Did that 'LOSS' - because it really showed the players (and coaches no doubt) that when effort was strong and we were executing the numbers to the footy based game-style, we could beat 'anyone, anywhere'. And would the players or coaches have given it a second thought if we had gone on to win the game or would it have been 'great job, 4-points, onto the next week we go'.

I wonder if the Saints would have been better off in the game versus Richmond if their comeback victory against WC had ultimately been unsuccessful....and instead of the internal message been 'we can do it' it had been 'We can do it IF....'.

Where is the challenge coming from THIS WEEK? Is it history? Is it defending a forward of the quality of Greene? Is it coping with Kelly back playing his inside/outside role?