Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  67
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10 Vs St Kilda 2021

Got the impression from Chris Bell’s clip on Bulldogs site yesterday that Tim is still not a certainty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Hunter for Lipinksi and English for Hannan would be my preferred outs anyway, even if injury wasn't an issue.
    Bevo was talking up Hannan's game in the post game presser. Particularly what he was doing without the ball and that the stats didn't reflect his game.

I'm guessing one or two may be rested in preparation for the big top of the table clash the following friday night against the Dees.
    Just hope we don't take the saints likely as they have had the better of us of late.

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting really worried about Tim. I hope it's not a replay of what happened to Liam Picken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    I am getting really worried about Tim. I hope it's not a replay of what happened to Liam Picken.
    Yeah if he misses this week then it's a real concern. 4 weeks out with concussion is not a good sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge: We’re progressing well

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says despite having to deal with a number of forced changes to his side each week, he is pleased with how his group is progressing so far.

The Bulldogs currently sit in second spot on the ladder with an 8-1 record, most recently beating Port Adelaide by 19 points at Adelaide Oval.

That win however was soured by a hamstring injury to veteran defender Easton Wood early in the match.

Beveridge said while Hayden Crozier – who was activated as the medical sub on Saturday night – was the obvious replacement this weekend against St Kilda, the prospect of bringing in some additional height is appealing.

“’Croz’ and Easton play a similar role, and ‘Croz’ was the medical sub on the weekend so I think it’s logical that he takes up that spot,” Beveridge told media on Tuesday morning.

“It’s a good question as to whether or not ‘Gards’ (Ryan Gardner) comes back in, as the Saints have challenged us with their height historically – they’ve had a really good combination of that aerial advantage, small forwards and half-back flankers who have really challenged us.

“I was impressed with the way they started the Cats game without getting that reward on the scoreboard.

“We’ll be expecting that aspect of their intensity and vigour at the start of our game as well.”

After nine rounds, the Bulldogs have used the most players (36) this season, having lost some key performers to injury in recent weeks.

With Lachie Hunter (hand) and Tim English (concussion) still needing to prove their fitness throughout the week, Beveridge said he has been pleased with the group’s progress despite the number of changes each week.

“We saw Cody step up and play a terrific game on the weekend, and Zaine’s recently come back into the team among others. Roarke Smith also played a really important role for us the other night – we’re asking new and progressive things of our players,” Beveridge said.

“I think what we’re doing forward of the ball has been extremely encouraging this year, and it has given us peace of mind with the boys who have been playing really important roles.

“Obviously we’ve hit the scoreboard quite regularly, but at the same time we’ve had a really good balance in defence.

“I think the team is working well together and cohesively - I suppose if you do look back, we obviously dropped the Richmond game, we dropped that final (against St Kilda) and we dropped a Geelong game towards the end of last year, so we’ve put together a pretty good sequence from last year into this year.”

The Bulldogs will host St Kilda at Marvel Stadium this Saturday night in the annual Barker-Whitten Challenge.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Picko could barely leave the house or handle sunlight so it’s nowhere near that level of severity, given Tim is training. I am concerned too, though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Picko could barely leave the house or handle sunlight so it’s nowhere near that level of severity, given Tim is training. I am concerned too, though.
    I actually think it is not overly concerning, just a prudent approach to a problem that the whole league was oblivious to until very recently.

There was some suggestion from a researcher that the recovery time should be more like a month than the new mandated 12 days.

If Tim had been kayoed like that in a boxing match he would have been stood down for something like 6 months.

Look after his recovery and get him back in good order is the right approach.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I actually think it is not overly concerning, just a prudent approach to a problem that the whole league was oblivious to until very recently.

There was some suggestion from a researcher that the recovery time should be more like a month than the new mandated 12 days.

If Tim had been kayoed like that in a boxing match he would have been stood down for something like 6 months.

Look after his recovery and get him back in good order is the right approach.
    Yeah, I am hoping that is the case. If it was the last few years, he quite likely would have been straight back in to the detriment of his form (like Bazlenka early in 2020).

Can’t wait to see him back and firing.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting team selection this week. In the final last year we played all of Keath, Cordy and Gardner and it didn't go too well. Granted nothing went well as we were poor on the day but we need to make sure we curb the influence of King and Ryder. Marshall is a huge out for them as it hopefully means less time for Ryder in the forward line. Do we need 3 talls in defence this week?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Will be interesting team selection this week. In the final last year we played all of Keath, Cordy and Gardner and it didn't go too well. Granted nothing went well as we were poor on the day but we need to make sure we curb the influence of King and Ryder. Marshall is a huge out for them as it hopefully means less time for Ryder in the forward line. Do we need 3 talls in defence this week?
    I don't know much about their line up. Who are the talls that could potentially be in their forward line? Membury is only 188cm, but can take a big grab.

Will they try and exploit Caleb again? Hopefully we are prepared this time.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    We played all of Keath, Cordy, Gardner, Wood and Crozier with Crozier being forced to spend time forward if I remember correctly. It just wasn't a well balanced side at all especially with Daniel being sat on.

We are much better positioned this time around, and that's not taking into account that Saints are missing Marshall (their most important player imo), Jones, Hanners and potentially Geary.

Long is also out so I wonder who will line up Macrae at the opening bounce?

Post Thanks / Like

We played all of Keath, Cordy, Gardner, Wood and Crozier with Crozier being forced to spend time forward if I remember correctly. It just wasn't a well balanced side at all especially with Daniel being sat on.

We are much better positioned this time around, and that's not taking into account that Saints are missing Marshall (their most important player imo), Jones, Hanners and potentially Geary.

Long is also out so I wonder who will line up Macrae at the opening bounce?
    Long came on last week as a medical sub, so he is around, or do I miss something

Post Thanks / Like

I mean we tackled half heartedly and let them walk through us in the final last year. If we do that again it wont matter who is in defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I mean we tackled half heartedly and let them walk through us in the final last year. If we do that again it wont matter who is in defence.
    It was a strange game, both teams had low tackle numbers. They had 32 and we had 41.

Saints had 87 to 62 against Geelong on the weekend. Our game on the weekend was 66 to Port 69

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't know much about their line up. Who are the talls that could potentially be in their forward line? Membury is only 188cm, but can take a big grab.

Will they try and exploit Caleb again? Hopefully we are prepared this time.
    They may bring Carlisle in as a second ruck allowing Paddy to go forward. It's him King and Membrey.

Chilli is a big out it deprives us of a dangerous forward but also drags Jooce out of the F50 action and tires him out. He has stood up for us though.