Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  67
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 10 Vs St Kilda 2021

The positive with English is he is improving and has been training. As with any physical or mental issue, the problem is it staying the same or getting worse. Worrying short term for sure and if he gets concussed again, but continual improvement is huge.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet is going to be murdered by Ryder one out and Bruce is sore after being forced to ruck the past few weeks. Not good at all.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

No choice but to bring Young in. Bruce won’t be able to ruck and Sweet can’t go alone.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I would say managed sounded nicer than omitted. I think it was form and team balance related.

His season only began in round 5 so I doubt he needed to be managed, and Bevo has already said he will likely replace Wood in the 22 this week, which suggests no physical issues.
    Yeah, we have used 'managed' a bit this season.

I think it's what you said + we want our role/peripheral guys as fresh as possible, which makes sense. The options are all pretty close anyway, might as well go with the freshest option when pressure acts seem to be the biggest indicator when filling out our 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's weird because 6 hours ago this was posted.

Hunter is expected to return from his hand surgery to face the Saints, while English is also likely after his concussion several weeks ago. But the Dogs' unavailable list is building, with Martin and Vandermeer ruled out for at least another three weeks, and Wood's hamstring injury set to see him miss up to six weeks. Ugle-Hagan also faces a test to get past his concussion from last week to be fit for selection. - Callum Twomey

7. Thanks Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Hunter is expected to return from his hand surgery to face the Saints, while English is also likely after his concussion several weeks ago. But the Dogs' unavailable list is building, with Martin and Vandermeer ruled out for at least another three weeks, and Wood's hamstring injury set to see him miss up to six weeks. Ugle-Hagan also faces a test to get past his concussion from last week to be fit for selection. - Callum Twomey
    It is why I only value quotes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    It is why I only value quotes.
    Even they’re hard to take confidently sometimes. Pretty sure on Thursday last week Bevo said Hunter would play... then he didn’t.

I guess until a side is picked it’s not picked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Sweet is going to be murdered by Ryder one out and Bruce is sore after being forced to ruck the past few weeks. Not good at all.
    It will be interesting to see whether our midfielders take a defensive mindset into their stoppage setups, in the knowledge that Ryder will get heaps of comfortable hitouts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

Hunter and English need to get through training tomorrow and then a decision will be made - Quote Bevo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It will be interesting to see whether our midfielders take a defensive mindset into their stoppage setups, in the knowledge that Ryder will get heaps of comfortable hitouts.
    "HEAPS" sounds bad.

Is it really going to be that bad? Sweet has competed pretty well and protects the area around the ball pretty well.

I've got to say that I'm not really on-board with the recent mythologising of Ryder...sure, he was pretty good in the Elimination final but had 20 hitouts...a good effort but hardly match changing. His two goals on the other hand, well, they were pretty darned handy!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryder's average stats in his 3 games this year read:

Hitouts: 32.7
    Hitouts to advantage: 11.7
    Hitout win %: 63.2%
    Hitouts to advantage %: 35.7%

All rated above average, with hitout win % rated elite.

As compared to Nicnat:

Hitouts: 27.7
    Hitouts to advantage: 11.2
    Hitout win %: 52.2%
    Hitouts to advantage %: 40.6%

Ryder has some pretty similar numbers to Nicnat this year, however he has only faced Hawthorn (McEvoy), Gold Coast (nobody) and Geelong (Blicavs/Ratugolea). Definitely a stern test for Sweet but the signs were good last week that he should be able to compete with Paddy and not let him have everything on his terms.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time Paddy rucked without Marshall? He won't have the stamina that he used to have so it will be interesting to see how he fares as the games goes on.

Edit: With a short glance I don't think Paddy has played without Marshall. Well, he did at Port and Essendon but that's not really relevant is it.
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 19-05-2021 at 04:15 PM.

15. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Ryder's average stats in his 3 games this year read:

Hitouts: 32.7
    Hitouts to advantage: 11.7
    Hitout win %: 63.2%
    Hitouts to advantage %: 35.7%

All rated above average, with hitout win % rated elite.

As compared to Nicnat:

Hitouts: 27.7
    Hitouts to advantage: 11.2
    Hitout win %: 52.2%
    Hitouts to advantage %: 40.6%

Ryder has some pretty similar numbers to Nicnat this year, however he has only faced Hawthorn (McEvoy), Gold Coast (nobody) and Geelong (Blicavs/Ratugolea). Definitely a stern test for Sweet but the signs were good last week that he should be able to compete with Paddy and not let him have everything on his terms.
    We gave up 11 hit-outs to advantage last week (and managed 4 of our own) and won the midfield battle 3 quarters out of four.
    I am concerned about Paddy as well but I don't have him in NicNat's category and like us they don't have much of a second ruck option. If we can match them, then get them when Paddy rests (and their second string mids are on-ball) that is our chance to steal a goal each quarter. That's our edge

Given we spent 2019-2020 getting smashed in the ruck we have been able to make adjustments when required
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We gave up 11 hit-outs to advantage last week (and managed 4 of our own) and won the midfield battle 3 quarters out of four.
    I am concerned about Paddy as well but I don't have him in NicNat's category and like us they don't have much of a second ruck option. If we can match them, then get them when Paddy rests (and their second string mids are on-ball) that is our chance to steal a goal each quarter. That's our edge

Given we spent 2019-2020 getting smashed in the ruck we have been able to make adjustments when required
    Who is their second ruck?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who is their second ruck?
    It'll most likely be one of Hunter, McKernan or Carlisle. So nothing to be worried about.