Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round six 2021 v GWS Giants

1. Keath is underrated. Having a great season.

2. Macraes kicking really has improved going I50. He's on Brownlow medal pace.

3. Cordy looks like a slow, 34 year old on his last legs. Worrying considering our lack of KPDs.
    W00F!

2. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I take it back. Watched Jongy's injury closely. Was a bit of a simple overstretch. Needs to be a bit more careful.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    1. Treloar is well and truly a part of the club. Watching him put his arm around Dunkley at full time warmed my heart.
    2. Libba's ability to quickly kick or handpass after taking possession is phenomenal.
    3. Wayne Carey's fawning over Toby Greene is truly nauseating.
    Channel 7 commentary last night was horrible. For whatever reason, JB tried to put us down at any opportunity right from the outset. He’s massively jealous of us. Like most north and saints fans right now. Imagine the fawning if we were a collingwood, Essendon or carlton? I hope we continue to shove it down these imbeciles throats. I actually thought BT was the best last night which is saying something.

5. Likes bornadog, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can when we’re not at our best, we can win with injury adversity.

2. Aaron Naughton is just getting started really, having little continuity over the last few seasons. Wow I hope he marks like that in a packed MCG next week.

3. There is no rhyme nor reason to the cruel fate some footballers through no fault of their own experience and I hope (I’m sure they will) the club is wrapping their arms around Lin at the moment.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    For a big man, his turning circle is very compact. You can see when turns his taking small steps but they are super quick. Just phenomenal to watch how quick and agile for that size at ground level.
    Yes he is cat like the way he springs up after hitting the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Channel 7 commentary last night was horrible. For whatever reason, JB tried to put us down at any opportunity right from the outset. He’s massively jealous of us. Like most north and saints fans right now. Imagine the fawning if we were a collingwood, Essendon or carlton? I hope we continue to shove it down these imbeciles throats. I actually thought BT was the best last night which is saying something.
    Like in 2016 he always mentions our handballs being "suspect". Just like Norm Smith did to Teddy's flick pass.

9. Likes Testekill, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can blow teams out of the water and score heavily whether it is a first quarter or last quarter.
    2. Usually a fan of Cords but he is so so slow...well he was last night.
    3. Timmy is one tough man after standing up and walking off after appear being knocked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    1. We can blow teams out of the water and score heavily whether it is a first quarter or last quarter.
    2. Usually a fan of Cords but he is so so slow...well he was last night.
    3. Timmy is one tough man after standing up and walking off after appear being knocked out.
    Timmy was in the middle of next week. It was like those Warner Bros cartoons where the birds fly in circles around his forehead.
    I have no idea how he got up and walked off the ground, but it was important that he did because we had a run on and the last thing we wanted was a pause in the game.

I'm going to coin the term "Timmy tough".
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

1. Losing Dunkley is huge..... well so you would think at first thought. I think we have enough depth through the middle to shuffle some deck chairs and get on with it. Well we'll see next week anyhow

2. An inexperienced team can stifle our ball movement for 3 quarters. A good warning coming up against Richmond next week.

3. Bailey Smith has been slowly tapering off since Dermies comments.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    1. Losing Dunkley is huge..... well so you would think at first thought. I think we have enough depth through the middle to shuffle some deck chairs and get on with it. Well we'll see next week anyhow

2. An inexperienced team can stifle our ball movement for 3 quarters. A good warning coming up against Richmond next week.

3. Bailey Smith has been slowly tapering off since Dermies comments.
    With Dunks out he’ll get more opportunities to shoulder some load.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Was reminded at every turn of Lachie Hunter's importance in this team. Clever, clever player
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    4. Was reminded at every turn of Lachie Hunter's importance in this team. Clever, clever player
    Isn't he? Squaring the ball or spotting up players in better position to shoot for goal a couple of times instead of blasting away was great footy. Of course having players in position and capable of taking the grab helps a lot too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Under rated by most Bulldog supporters, but I think he one of the most important in the team.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Isn't he? Squaring the ball or spotting up players in better position to shoot for goal a couple of times instead of blasting away was great footy. Of course having players in position and capable of taking the grab helps a lot too.
    He's had a problem over the uses of blazing away at low percentage shots over the years so to see him centering the ball and putting it at the top of the goal square is extremely encouraging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Like in 2016 he always mentions our handballs being "suspect". Just like Norm Smith did to Teddy's flick pass.
    I noticed that. And BT had to tell him he sees it in every game these days as everyone has copied us. He also kept mentioning how it’s impossible to stop our midfield because of the 6-6-6 rule. Like the AFL should get rid of it just to stop our midfield. He also mentioned 5 times 2 minutes into the game that every team had figured us out to stop our run. Massive inferiority complex with him.

22. Likes Testekill liked this post