Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  37
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R9 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Left the state to play norf on a neutral deck.

I agree it’s hard to bash the dees as they will be undefeated and have knocked off the tigers and cats. They haven’t put a foot wrong. Yet there’s just a feeling they haven’t really been tested. They’re top 4 no doubt but I feel they got the cats and tigers at their worst.

All in all it wouldn’t be the worst thing to come up against them at 10-0. That’s well and truly due for a loss territory. I just hope we’re 9-1 at the time and take top spot from them.
    They played the Giants interstate too.

2. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Good question. They’re having a great run, not sure they’ve faced a super challenge yet be interesting to see how they go against an in form contender.
    I’m still dubious but they’re doing everything right, with pretty much the same personnel that haven’t handled the expectations well in the last couple of seasons.
    Rd 11 will be a good guide. (I’m confident)
    Melbourne have beaten Richmond, Geelong and Sydney. I would have thought, at least, both Richmond and Geelong are contenders. Sure both Geelong and Richmond may not have been at their ‘peak’ when they played them but they beaten them (and convincingly) nonetheless. They have risen to the challenge that other teams are throwing at them. They are a contender, like us. Up until last night one could say our form is ‘dubious’. But you can only beat whom you are drawn against.

As much as I hate to say it but Melbourne will be tough to beat. They have a good even spread of players across the ground with no obvious weaknesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    They played the Giants interstate too.
    Yeah, I forgot the North game in Tassie. Any decent side could play them on Mars and beat them though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Melbourne have beaten Richmond, Geelong and Sydney. I would have thought, at least, both Richmond and Geelong are contenders. Sure both Geelong and Richmond may not have been at their ‘peak’ when they played them but they beaten them (and convincingly) nonetheless. They have risen to the challenge that other teams are throwing at them. They are a contender, like us. Up until last night one could say our form is ‘dubious’. But you can only beat whom you are drawn against.

As much as I hate to say it but Melbourne will be tough to beat. They have a good even spread of players across the ground with no obvious weaknesses.
    The Tigers game proved they are the real deal. If left to play their game, they're extremely hard to beat. The key for us is to not get dragged into the long kick inside 50.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

The improvement's come from Tom McDonald switching to his all-meat diet obviously.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post

I agree with most of this.

I'd say if they had a weakness it's their forward line. Ben Brown and "Tmac" don't inspire me but the latter is getting it done.

I reckon they're at about peak output at the moment where as other contenders are gearing up to their best (Lions, Cats) and the Tigers always time their run well.

So I question if they can match the other top teams when they hit peak output hence my in-form qualifier.

We shall see.

I actually wouldn't mind them doing well nice to have someone different up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Good article about the demise of Hawthorn

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...CMP=GTAU_email
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post