Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If it is TRUE that things are...

...NEVER quite as GOOD (or as BAD) as they seem....

Then please tell me what I should be worried about right now.

I guess the depth is going to be further tested with the absence of Treloar (added to the absence of English, Dunks and Wood amongst our first choice players), but outside of that???

I mean, if things aren't quite as GOOD as they seem right now, what should I be stressed about. 'cos right now, I have ZERO stress. And it is making me uncomfortable!!!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes 1eyedog, DOG GOD, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If it is TRUE that things are...

The injury list is all I'm worried about.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ...NEVER quite as GOOD (or as BAD) as they seem....

Then please tell me what I should be worried about right now.

I guess the depth is going to be further tested with the absence of Treloar (added to the absence of English, Dunks and Wood amongst our first choice players), but outside of that???

I mean, if things aren't quite as GOOD as they seem right now, what should I be stressed about. 'cos right now, I have ZERO stress. And it is making me uncomfortable!!!
    It's a walking through the woods but not hearing any birds spooky scenario. Every team seems fallible and beatable. Except us?

It's uncomfortable having nothing to worry about. Like Comrade I do have an eye on our growing injury list though.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m suspect on how our possession chain style holds up under finals heat, and worry that a team with two good talls can get a hold of whoever Keath isn’t playing on, but those are things you can only really not worry about until after they don’t happen.

It’s looking good.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, injuries to the WRONG players....dunks, English, treloar, wood..
    And I’m worried about the next 4 games as I think that will shape where we finish.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am stressing about next Friday night. Big audience, sceptics in media all ready to pounce and write us off - but they can get stuffed. The stress comes from just losing to Melbourne.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Yep, injuries to the WRONG players....dunks, English, treloar, wood..
    And I’m worried about the next 4 games as I think that will shape where we finish.
    To be fair DG you have been worried about our next four games since round 1.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes Happy Days, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    To be fair DG you have been worried about our next four games since round 1.
    Lol possibly, but now we are in the position we are, it would be disappointing if we let slip a top 2 position, especially with our % literally giving us a game in hand.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am stressing about next Friday night. Big audience, sceptics in media all ready to pounce and write us off - but they can get stuffed. The stress comes from just losing to Melbourne.
    There is no stress in it for me. We are playing good football and if Melbourne beat us we have another game against them a few weeks later.

Looking forward to us on the big stage.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our best is better than the rest. I'm convinced of that.

My only concern is injuries - we have some really good and key players out.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

All I'm concerned about is winning enough games to make top 4. We've banked enough to almost ensure it.

Injuries I don't stress because you really can't control it, you need some luck of course but every team will cop them and we are as well equipped as any to cover potential losses.

I'm excited to see who steps up for Treloar. We've seen what Weightman has done for the team, love to see Garcia bring in some more exuberance.

Same question week one of the finals I'll have a different answer. For now, just get to top 4 and get the wins where we can I don't care if we beat Freo in Perth and lose to the Hawks it's all about the 4 points!

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What we have to worry about is the same as ever for the most part. Maybe less concern that we'll wilt and give up like the Carlton game last year but structural/personnel issues with our defence aren't really 'fixed'.

But every team has issues and I think based on what we've seen so far it's fair to say that baring catastrophic injuries there's cause for hope in September.

Post Thanks / Like

The only stresses are trying to keep the team healthy enough, and that I've booked September holidays.

Saturday night, I don't think I even barracked - I just sat quietly and absorbed the massacre. Its a strange feeling this year. We've never been the out and out best team in a season before - but I feel that Friday night we will take that position, by not only beating Melbourne, but putting them on notice. (And btw, I was saying this before Saturday).

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few things that pop into my head in when I feel like being conservative...

1. Have we peaked too soon? (Maybe we haven’t peaked yet!)
    2. Injuries are starting to stack up (but a few returning also, so hopefully we get a bit of consistency in the line up)
    3. The 3 headed monster was looking good early in the year, and with English missing a month the fwd line missed a month of getting used to playing together under that structure. So... will it be finely tuned by finals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    A few things that pop into my head in when I feel like being conservative...

1. Have we peaked too soon? (Maybe we haven’t peaked yet!)
    2. Injuries are starting to stack up (but a few returning also, so hopefully we get a bit of consistency in the line up)
    3. The 3 headed monster was looking good early in the year, and with English missing a month the fwd line missed a month of getting used to playing together under that structure. So... will it be finely tuned by finals?
    I don't think we've peaked yet. It was only 2 weeks ago we were 27 points down to Carlton in the 3rd quarter a week after letting Richmond have their way with us for 1.5 quarters.

This is not a negative, but we were allowed to do whatever we liked on the weekend the saints were that bad with their efforts. I think we actually have plenty of improvement left in us which is a scary prospect for 17 other teams.