Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round seven 2021 v Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    He’s a bitsy mid, with a hit of fwd.
    So pick a role and let him play it.

I remember listening to Fraser Brown say that after each of his first 6x games he was dropped - by 2x different coaches. If we want him to be a player, can we just give him the chance to be a player.

When he didn't play on and kick to the open man in the first quarter, well, that wasn't "TEAM" (and annoyed the hell out of me). BUT at the same time I understood that his head was in a different place...it's hard to be all about "TEAM" when you don't know if you're in it.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I remember listening to Fraser Brown say that after each of his first 6x games he was dropped - by 2x different coaches. If we want him to be a player, can we just give him the chance to be a player.

When he didn't play on and kick to the open man in the first quarter, well, that wasn't "TEAM" (and annoyed the hell out of me). BUT at the same time I understood that his head was in a different place...it's hard to be all about "TEAM" when you don't know if you're in it.
    I think on Friday we did pick a role for West, ie small forward. I didn't see him in the midfield at all.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

I agree, so let’s see what role the MC/coach decides to warrant his selection, and hopefully he turns into the player we are all hoping.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

ItÂ’s a good point about him being one out with Balta - didnÂ’t really stand a chance. Still - the moment in the last quarter when he didnÂ’t go for the ball was telling I thought. He can feel on the outer but still want it - no one can put the hunger to compete into him - he has to do that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    3. Bailey Dale. Stood up under the intense heat last night. Was one of our best. Has come a long way. Has cemented his spot.

That was the standout for me, and quite surprise.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    That was the standout for me, and quite surprise.
    I haven't had a smorgasbord of roast words this delightful since I proclaimed Bevo was clearly an idiot for wanting to play Matty Boyd in defence.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

7. Likes Dry Rot liked this post