Apologies in advance - unjustified opinions follow!

Dunks is out - and to me we have two (2) choices).

1. Insert a 'placeholder' mid and 'hold the fort' with what could potentially be a rolling cast of characters over the next few months until he returns.

2. Treat the situation as if he is 'OUT' for the season and restructure.

I think if we take the first route then the suggestions to play West, Lipinski etc etc as an inside mid come forward are good ideas. This would leave Bailey Smith, Hunter, Treloar and JJ as the outside mid/half forwards...

If we take the longer term view, I think there is only ONE option - move Bailey Smith back inside and replace him in the wing rotation. This (to me) would leave JJ, Treloar, Hunter and 'the player to be named later' in the outside mid/half forward rotation (I suspect it will be Roarke Smith).

Personally, I am hoping to see Bailey Smith back in the centre square tomorrow night playing the role I think suits him best. What we lose with Dunks out of there I think we will gain by adding Smith's leg-speed to the mix...in some ways I think this makes us even BETTER but to be fair the finished product has been pretty impressive to this point of the season.

I just have a feeling this is a big challenge for the coaching staff/mc - whichever lever they pull we are undoubtedly going to be a best 22 (best 10?) player down for the foreseeable future and covering that gap with a less experienced mid without the same ball winning capacity? Well, that's going to be interesting.