Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 7, 2021 vs Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    More inexcusable than Lynch? I get it would've been great if he nailed it, but given we lost our shape all over the field from half way through the second Qts, I don't think it was pivotal as it seemed.
    Aarts and Lynch kissed multiple gimmees.
    It hurt, but I don't think it's the biggest headache Bevo will have about tonight's game.
    I understand what you’re saying, but Bont is a captain. It needed to be a captains goal. If it was 50 out on the boundary, I’d cut him some slack, but the majority of us could’ve kicked it. And I’ve said it before, his reaction after missing showed no real disappointment.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

That massive arsey snap from 40 to get them in front. I knew there was no coming back.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why did we persist with Schache on Balta all night?
    It was such a mismatch in talent. Going into the game I had such high hopes that Schache might have improved in his attack at the ball, and reading of the flight. I think I came away more disappointed by Schach’s showing on the night than the loss itself as he’s certainly got gifts with ball in hand or on his foot. I hope that his card isn’t marked for good but it’s getting harder and harder to back him in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Bonts half time miss. Could’ve deflated them a bit more. Could’ve energised us. Really poor captains miss.
    Yes couldn't agree more. It was a soda.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I understand what you’re saying, but Bont is a captain. It needed to be a captains goal. If it was 50 out on the boundary, I’d cut him some slack, but the majority of us could’ve kicked it. And I’ve said it before, his reaction after missing showed no real disappointment.
    Yeah was inexcusable really. It would have meant everything.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah was inexcusable really. It would have meant everything.
    It's just the reality that some shots are worth more than others due to their timing in the flow of the game.
    That was the moment to not only cement our first half dominance, but put the foot on the throat of a teetering colossus.
    Adelaide final 2015 was similar.

To balance that he kicked two winners against the Eagles.

But it's a toss of the coin when he's kicking for goal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    But it's a toss of the coin when he's kicking for goal.
    8 Goals 5 this year to date, so has been a little better.

We still should have won if we played the same in the second half and withstood the Tigers pressure, whether Bont kicks it or not.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I still don’t understand why Hunter didn’t handball it to Scott.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know about The Moment but once Richmond grabbed the lead it felt like we had a mountain to climb. Unlike the WC match where 3 goals down there was still a lot of energy and a feeling we’d come back, at even one goal down we seemed out of answers. I don’t know if the Lippa point might have galvanised us if not for that pesky goalpost but I couldn’t see us reigniting. We went into our shells, maybe we were overawed, but we lost our mojo so quickly.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic