Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  200
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

First Half: Schache the KPD & 2nd Ruck

10 Disposals (4 Contested, 4 Intercept Possessions)
    8 Kicks
    2 Handballs
    60% Disposal Efficiency (in the rain)
    2 Marks (1 Contested)
    4 Rebound 50’s
    2 Hit Outs
    1 Clearance
    1 Stoppage Clearance
    1 Tackle
    1 Score Involvement
    1 One Percenters
    1 Partial Smoother (stopped Fritsch kicking a goal)
    8 Pressure Acts
    117m Metres Gained
    41 AFL Fantasy Points
    1 Frees For
    0 Frees Against
    10-20 ruck contested
    0 Goals conceded to his opponent

We just found a 201cm mature KPD, with intercept skills and great general skills with elite endurance. Didn’t even have to trade for this KPD.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

That effort to end the half on McDonald was pretty concerning and we’re really lucky he had support.

He pretty much has to be a gun KPD now though so lets go?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

First Game: Schache the KPD & 2nd Ruck

17 Disposals (7 Contested, 7 Intercept Possessions)
    12 Kicks
    5 Handballs
    76% Disposal Efficiency (in the rain)

6 Marks (2 Contested)
    4 Rebound 50’s

4 Hit Outs
    2 Clearances
    2 Stoppage Clearances
    4 Tackles

3 Score Involvements
    4 One Percenters
    1 Partial Smoother (stopped Fritsch kicking a goal)
    15 Pressure Acts
    123m Metres Gained

85 AFL Fantasy Points (the second highest game by any KPD this year!!)

1 Frees For
    0 Frees Against

15-25 Ruck contested
    121 of 127 Minutes Played (Elite Endurance)
    0 Goals conceded to his opponent
    3-4 Directly Saved Goals

We just found a 201cm mature KPD, with intercept skills and great general skills with elite endurance. Didn’t even have to trade for this KPD. We’ve been waiting to see it. Now it’s time to permanently move his magnet back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could Shaq be our Hamling?
    The curse is dead.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely brilliant bringing him in, he defended well and he's a phenomenal user of the football in general play. He has to keep his spot in the team now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He could be better. His a good mark, good kick and provide chop out in the ruck. Really happy for him that his had a good game

Well done Josh. His always had the physical tools. His intensity and aggression has to go up every game.

9. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hate to say I told you so but...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He couldn't have been more impressive.

Big few weeks coming up for him, the conditions made it easier for defenders as the ball movement was slower, that might be a concern with his lack of leg speed but he'll get every chance with Keath out now.
    W00F!

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think so. But Shaq is a far more offensive threat with his field kicking.

Only one of Keath’s games this year was higher than Shaq tonight. Higher than Gardner, Young & Cordy too. I so pumped for him. He needed to be moved elsewhere on the ground to take full advantage of his skills and endurance. The Liam Jones move. Any club that was hoping to grab him for a Future 5th Rounder just realised he is seeing at a minimum his contract next year.

15. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Well, I hate to say I told you so but...
    No you don't!
    And I for one, welcome your prescient thinking.

I wonder if it's a case of the MC going......welll we don't have any other options... he's done ok in limited time in VFL.... he's on the cusp of having no right being on our list going forward... let's see what he's got.

He did have some moments late where I thought his lack of leg speed was going to catch him out, but he definitely had more moments through the game that made it a positive move.
    Well done Josh..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    No you don't!

I wonder if it's a case of the MC going......welll we don't have any other options... he's done ok in limited time in VFL.... he's on the cusp of having no right being on our list going forward... let's see what he's got.

He did have some moments late where I thought his lack of leg speed was going to catch him out, but he definitely had more moments through the game that made it a positive move.
    Well done Josh..
    I honestly don't know how the coaching group goes from not ever trying him in defence beyond a few sporadic quarters at VFL level when it was clear a change of role was required if he was to salvage a career with us, to inserting him into the D50 in our biggest game of the year. It's bizarre all round but I am rapt he got his chance and took it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And he'll be better for the run. Hasn't played much footy at the top level these past couple of years and wouldn't have burst the lungs nearly as much as he did today so it's all upside now.

Good call from those who kept banging on about playing him back. I just didn't think it was ever going to happen but there was something about this week after his inclusion that made me think it would like a lot of others and I'm so happy for him.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    No you don't!

Well done Josh..
    Josh could be anything. He just has to maintain his intensity every week.

Could he be like a Charlie Dixon, and be the 200+cm monster?
    Is he the The super athletic type that could play multiple position i.e Blivcas or Stanley.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't know how the coaching group goes from not ever trying him in defence beyond a few sporadic quarters at VFL level when it was clear a change of role was required if he was to salvage a career with us, to inserting him into the D50 in our biggest game of the year. It's bizarre all round but I am rapt he got his chance and took it.
    They read WOOF.

And they also wait until the time is right. His inclusion and defencive opportunities aligned with Gardner going down again. We wanted the three talls as stated by the MC, and the planets aligned for him.

Now for Young to come in to replace Keath, and for Wood to come in also to be the organiser with Duryea.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a lot of discussion about this at the start of the year but it's good the MC gave him the chance.
    Not only did he take his chance he did it in poor conditions like how we basically sat him out of a half last year.

Keath is a very good field kick so if we can get this pairing working we can really transition the ball out of the back line.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"