Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  200
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    As a matter of interest and to tell the whole story what were Alir's stats?
    Main ones:

15 touches, 7 Marks (2 not legit), only 1 Tackle, and just 9 Pressure Acts - but 6 turnovers from his Disposals with goals from them. Goals to opponents is at least 3. Likely more.

He just couldn’t handle Schache.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 12-09-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Main ones:

15 touches, 7 Marks (2 not legit), only 1 Tackle, and just 9 Pressure Acts - but 6 turnovers from his Disposals with goals from them. Goals to opponents is at least 3. Likely more.

He just couldn’t handle Schache.
    As good as Allir's intercept marking is, his disposal is *!*!*!*!ing horrendous.

Josh did a sterling job on him tonight.

Don't think there have been many 200cm defensive forwards to ever play the game.

4. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    As good as Allir's intercept marking is, his disposal is *!*!*!*!ing horrendous.

Josh did a sterling job on him tonight.

Don't think there have been many 200cm defensive forwards to ever play the game.
    He’s going to potentially have Lever in the GF. A better opponent but he’s coming in chock full of confidence.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Super happy for Josh, but to be honest part of the reason why he was able to do what he did to Allir was because they were his instructions and he executed them in line with the team doing the right thing for him and the other forwards.

Not enough coaching teams and players have done what we did to Allir tonight properly, when it seems pretty obvious that's how he needs to be played.

Back to Josh, what I was really happy with is it seemed he didn't feel satisfied with only just doing a job on Allir. He presented really well and when it was his time he took marks and gave himself chances to kick goals.

His shots weren't necessarily easy, though I would have thought someone of his quality by foot could have converted at least one more. But getting the opportunities is the main thing for him.

He's getting better and I'm really happy for him, if he can take another step in a fortnight I'll be even more so.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

8. Likes bulldogtragic, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My ode to Josh (you need to be in your 40’s or older)

Who's the private dog
    That's a sex machine to all the chicks? (Shaq)
    You're damn right
    Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother, man? (Shaq)
    Can ya dig it?
    Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about? (Shaq)
    Right on
    You see this cat Shaq is a bad mother (Shut your mouth)
    But I'm talkin' about Shaq (Then we can dig it)
    He's a complicated man but no one understands him but his woman (Josh Shaq))
    Gold. Isaac Hayes would be proud of Shaq Attack too.

10. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s going to potentially have Lever in the GF. A better opponent but he’s coming in chock full of confidence.
    Looking forward to seeing that smug prick and his stupid moustache demoralised by the Shack Attack.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Looking forward to seeing that smug prick and his stupid moustache demoralised by the Shack Attack.
    Amen to that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Imagine May doesn't get up and he has to actually defend. His whole angry bus driver from on the buses shtick and self flagellation at every turn makes me puke.
    He's an A grade troglodytic choad sniffer and his crumpled carcass on the deck after we steal their dreams Kruger style will give me some completely unhealthy satisfaction.

15. Likes jazzadogs, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Imagine May doesn't get up and he has to actually defend. His whole angry bus driver from on the buses shtick and self flagellation at every turn makes me puke.
    He's an A grade troglodytic choad sniffer and his crumpled carcass on the deck after we steal their dreams Kruger style will give me some completely unhealthy satisfaction.
    I hope May does get up because if Naughton attacks the ball like he did tonight May will tear that hammy of the bone trying to keep up!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I hope May does get up because if Naughton attacks the ball like he did tonight May will tear that hammy of the bone trying to keep up!
    Absolutely. Posturing of the highest order these past couple of days. May's *!*!*!*!ed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Allir was under constant pressure and it got to his head. It manifested in his poor kicking and timing of his mark. The team worked well to completely ruin his game, especially Josh, just forcing those errors.

Imagine having 200cm ,100KG forward breathing down your back and outmuscling you. I hope Schache can turn on beastmode for the whole GF game and just scare the crap out of opposition players. His got a few more levels to go.
    Last edited by macca; 12-09-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo smiling when talking about Josh. Bevo says we’ve not had a genuine swing man KPP utility, but we have that now in Josh. Gives us extra height forward and back which is an advantage. Also great to see the media giving him some love.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo smiling when talking about Josh. Bevo says we’ve not had a genuine swing man KPP utility, but we have that now in Josh. Gives us extra height forward and back which is an advantage. Also great to see the media giving him some love.
    He also said ‘if’ Schache plays forward!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He also said ‘if’ Schache plays forward!
    Mind games are off and running!

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon its you Comrade, me and a couple of others who’d have said Schache plays in a GF in defence. Enjoy the glory.