Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the trade period.

That's the thread.

Every day sucks. In fact, every day is worse than the one before. And somehow I can't stop looking at what is happening and who is doing what (well - with regards the Dunkley/Lobb trades, I could care less about the other clubs) seventeen times every hour. So I guess the AFL have their way (by having everyone's attention).

This whole thing is rubbish. I just want to support my team and watch the games but it sucks you into a vortex of nothingness and the amount of thought I have given to an average ruck-forward (Lobb) and a 5th choice midfielder (sorry - prob doesn't help the trade request but Bont, Liber, Macrae, Treloar, DUNKLEY, Smith is my order) is simply ridiculous.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate the trade period.

It's more like watching war coverage than reality TV

Post Thanks / Like

I tune out.

Only get my updates from here and it's so much better for the mental health.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes josie, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I truly think power is the man for the job and I trust him to do the best by the club for longer term with Dunkley and Lobb trades (and whether they happen or not).

I’m more worried about our fringe players being kept on list longer than they should be hence us not turning over the list enough.

Also a little concerned we are unable to adequately fill roles we’ve been trying to fill for years with makeshift/sub-standard players and no depth when a player like Keath falls off a cliff or no replacement groomed to fill in well for an aging Duryea and no crumbing forwards, a slow midfield and makeshift wingers who are slow or poor disposers. These gaps have been around for years. I’m thinking we have not been proactive enough. Surely there are some reasonable VFL or state based players who would be worth a try (like we did with Adams).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I tune out.

Only get my updates from here and it's so much better for the mental health.
    I think I would unalive myself in Minecraft if I had to listen to those trade radio ads for more than 5 seconds in a day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's the thread.

Every day sucks. In fact, every day is worse than the one before. And somehow I can't stop looking at what is happening and who is doing what (well - with regards the Dunkley/Lobb trades, I could care less about the other clubs) seventeen times every hour. So I guess the AFL have their way (by having everyone's attention).

This whole thing is rubbish. I just want to support my team and watch the games but it sucks you into a vortex of nothingness and the amount of thought I have given to an average ruck-forward (Lobb) and a 5th choice midfielder (sorry - prob doesn't help the trade request but Bont, Liber, Macrae, Treloar, DUNKLEY, Smith is my order) is simply ridiculous.
    Yes - couldnt agree more, its carcrash stuff - hate it, but cant ignore it, drives me mad - cant wait for it to be over

Dunkley has definitely contributed to that, and exacerbated those feelings - to the point, I dont care if we let him go to the preseason draft

Post Thanks / Like

Trade week peaked with the ultimate lose-lose trade of Shannon Gibson for Paul Sharkey. The only winner of that trade was the supplier of the fax paper.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***Refresh***

11. Likes Mofra, Daughter of the West, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like putting your tongue on a 9 volt battery.
    It sucks but I just can't tune out.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

13. Likes azabob, josie, Eastdog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's like putting your tongue on a 9 volt battery.
    It sucks but I just can't tune out.
    Same here. Have trade radio running in the background while I try to work. I have ordered two Reem Hot water units as well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sucking bandwidth that I don't have. I should be studying for a mid semester test THAT IS OCCURING IN CLASS ON PAPER WHERE I ACTUALLY HAVE TO WRITE WITH A PENCIL LIKE IN THE DAYS BEFORE COVID AND I'M FREAKING OUT but instead I'm hitting refresh on Woof.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Look I agree re Dunkley. He's not quick, he's ok above his head without being great and he's an ordinary kick, let's face it we never really know where it's going there's a fair bit of hope in there. He's a great pressure player and is consistent but this is the easiest skill set to train. We've already half trained Toby McLean in this role pre-ACLs.

Dunkley made our mids look good this year but our core mids really had a down year. Macrae uncharacteristically in and out of form, Bont hampered and Smith suspended etc.

Dunkley won't be greatly missed and out of all our midfielders is the one we can afford to lose. He's actually quite limited.

Brisbane know it and it's why they're not ponying up. They like him and he will make them better but he's a far cry from their best player or even their top 5 best players.

Let's just grab some some decent picks and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother (Pies fan) updates me throughout the day when I’m at work when an actual trade is confirmed officially so like those updates from him and also come onto woof daily but yeah the whole thing is a wankfest.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

19. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Look I agree re Dunkley. He's not quick, he's ok above his head without being great and he's an ordinary kick, let's face it we never really know where it's going there's a fair bit of hope in there. He's a great pressure player and is consistent but this is the easiest skill set to train. We've already half trained Toby McLean in this role pre-ACLs.

Dunkley made our mids look good this year but our core mids really had a down year. Macrae uncharacteristically in and out of form, Bont hampered and Smith suspended etc.

Dunkley won't be greatly missed and out of all our midfielders is the one we can afford to lose. He's actually quite limited.

Brisbane know it and it's why they're not ponying up. They like him and he will make them better but he's a far cry from their best player or even their top 5 best players.

Let's just grab some some decent picks and move on.
    Let's be real. Dunkley out leaves us with 5 a-grade mids. It means less time forward (or defence) for Treloar, Smith and Bont and no time watching Macrae sooking on a wing.

If we need to replace the best asset Dunkley brought (defensive pressure) that can be replaced with better buy in and more responsive set ups at stoppages (thanks Lade). There's a reason a trade Dunkley thread was started. We can lose him and theoretically be better balanced and better performing without replacing him.

21. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Let's be real. Dunkley out leaves us with 5 a-grade mids. It means less time forward (or defence) for Treloar, Smith and Bont and no time watching Macrae sooking on a wing.

If we need to replace the best asset Dunkley brought (defensive pressure) that can be replaced with better buy in and more responsive set ups at stoppages (thanks Lade). There's a reason a trade Dunkley thread was started. We can lose him and theoretically be better balanced and better performing without replacing him.
    hujsh is jeemak confirmed.