Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  200
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I really hope Josh keeps his spot next week.
    Yes he dropped the sitter that would've been a goal, and he didn't trouble the statistician overall, but I was watching him off the ball, and he definitely was up for the contest.. He was body on body and looking to initiate contact. This meant a lot to him and his intent was clear.. He just fluffed his moment.
    11 touches, 4 marks, 102m gained, 1 Goal, 4 Score Involvements, and shepherded a goal on the line for Smith in the last.

I get the statistician wasn’t flat out. But I think Josh troubled him a little bit...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

If he takes that mark and kicks it, he has what you'd call another good night.

Obviously he didn't and he made 2 other big errors, but he competed reasonably well and had an impact in the last.

We stick with him (clearly).
    W00F!

3. Likes Testekill, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be honest a game riddled with errors in big moments was what I was waiting for from Schache, and he largely delivered, but he at least stayed in the game, which is a huge step forward from him.

He stays in.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Shack was good overall. A bad dropped mark and a horrible turnover, but I was really impressed by a couple of strong overhead marks on the lead. I don't recall seeing that from him in the past, he loves a chest mark.

6. Likes Testekill, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I thought Shack was good overall. A bad dropped mark and a horrible turnover, but I was really impressed by a couple of strong overhead marks on the lead. I don't recall seeing that from him in the past, he loves a chest mark.
    I had completely written him off as a key forward at AFL level and have been really pleased with what he has offered these last two weeks. Things weren't even particularly going his way last night and he still managed to have a positive impact.

Sure he stuffed up a couple of times (chest marks running backwards can be difficult to judge where the ball will land tbf),but he did what he needed to do.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

My ode to Josh (you need to be in your 40’s or older)

Who's the private dog
    That's a sex machine to all the chicks? (Shaq)
    You're damn right
    Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother, man? (Shaq)
    Can ya dig it?
    Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about? (Shaq)
    Right on
    You see this cat Shaq is a bad mother (Shut your mouth)
    But I'm talkin' about Shaq (Then we can dig it)
    He's a complicated man but no one understands him but his woman (Josh Shaq))
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was wrong about Shaq and so happy about it.
    The curse is dead.

10. Likes Testekill, EasternWest, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those games in defence I thought would pay off next year. Still will as I rate h8m that highly back there, but that experience has given his the defensive skills to nullify Allir while hitting the scoreboard and bringing others into the game. I loved him from the get go, and I hope the footy world acknowledges his finals to date from their expectations of him they printed.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Schache

10 Disposals (4 Contested)
    7 Kicks
    3 Handballs
    6 Marks (1 Contested, 5 I50)
    4 Tackles
    1.3 from tough spots
    1 Goal Assist
    6 Score Involvements
    3 1%
    229m Gained

Made Allir look Second rate, Allir rated 6th worst on ground (would be lower is they didn’t blow two non marks early, Allir a non factor, Josh blocked for teammates for multiple goals which aren’t on the sheet. Laid hard tackles, took hard tackles. Stood up in packs and under the high ball.

Go you good thing Josh.

13. Likes Testekill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dermott Brereton: That’s the best ever game Josh Schache has ever played in his life.

15. Likes EasternWest, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

At least he stays up forward for the grand final. Next year would be nice to have him train with the defenders full time.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Schache impacted the contest several times tonight. He looks like he knows how to use his body now to even the contest.

Maybe for some players it takes them a few years to know how to use their bodies, with full momentum to gain position in the contest.
    With Naughton it comes natural. Its uncanny the instinct he has, and he leads from the hip, his centre of gravity is pushing all his momentum, so his hitting with full force.

I hope Schache keeps the upwards trajectory. His so important in terms of what he can offer the team.
    Big tall marking forward, who will scare the crap out of the oppositions when he hits the contest, just look at how Naughton plays

Tall back who runs into the backhalf to help out and quell the opposition forward drives and provides chops out in the ruck .

Its awesome to see the self belief. Really happy for him, and really sorry that I wrote him off this year.

He is a great turn around story.
    Last edited by macca; 12-09-2021 at 03:35 AM.

19. Likes EasternWest, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They have a long memory...

Watching the Kayo mini. Schache gets the ball and a bloke next to a crowd mic says deridingly “I want to go home Schache”...

Ironic, that bloke is the one who is going home. Josh is flying to Perth to play in a Prelim.

It was "I want to go home to mummy". Not for another fortnight though band with a shiny premiership medallion to show mum.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Josh Schache

10 Disposals (4 Contested)
    7 Kicks
    3 Handballs
    6 Marks (1 Contested, 5 I50)
    4 Tackles
    1.3 from tough spots
    1 Goal Assist
    6 Score Involvements
    3 1%
    229m Gained

Made Allir look Second rate, Allir rated 6th worst on ground (would be lower is they didn’t blow two non marks early, Allir a non factor, Josh blocked for teammates for multiple goals which aren’t on the sheet. Laid hard tackles, took hard tackles. Stood up in packs and under the high ball.

Go you good thing Josh.
    As a matter of interest and to tell the whole story what were Alir's stats?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for Josh. He now knows he belongs.

24. Likes josie liked this post