Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  200
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

Wait why is Keath out for week one of the finals?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I guess they're assuming we will be ultra conservative with Keath given his importance to the team.

Post Thanks / Like

The piece said he’s out until the first week of the finals. I took that to mean he’s back for week 1.

4. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Game Three: Schache the KPD & 2nd Ruck

14 Disposals (8 Contested, inc. 8 Intercept Possessions)
    10 Kicks
    4 Handballs
    71% Disposal Efficiency

6 Marks (2 Contested)
    3 Rebound 50’s

1 Inside 50
    4 Score Involvement

7 1%’s (spoils etc)
    186m Metres Gained
    100% Game Time Played (outside of his fitness test)
    52 AFL Fantasy Points

2 Frees For
    2 Frees Against (was against Bruce in actuality)

Clearly needs to keep developing, but he’s a different type of KPD to what we have. I’m looking forward to next year in particular in the long term, if he can play with Keath in the near term and how he bounces back next week. He didn’t get much in the way of third man support and our mids allowed their mids to have non-pressure entries to hit Wright lace out. But he’s got to have his review, absorb the lessons and front up next week with the confidence he had after the Melbourne game.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT, one stat you are not showing is goals kicked by his opponent. Do you know that?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Game Three: Schache the KPD & 2nd Ruck

14 Disposals (8 Contested, inc. 8 Intercept Possessions)
    10 Kicks
    4 Handballs
    71% Disposal Efficiency

6 Marks (2 Contested)
    3 Rebound 50’s

1 Inside 50
    4 Score Involvement

7 1%’s (spoils etc)
    186m Metres Gained
    100% Game Time Played (outside of his fitness test)
    52 AFL Fantasy Points

2 Frees For
    2 Frees Against (was against Bruce in actuality)

Clearly needs to keep developing, but he’s a different type of KPD to what we have. I’m looking forward to next year in particular in the long term, if he can play with Keath in the near term and how he bounces back next week. He didn’t get much in the way of third man support and our mids allowed their mids to have non-pressure entries to hit Wright lace out. But he’s got to have his review, absorb the lessons and front up next week with the confidence he had after the Melbourne game.
    Did he actually get beaten 1 on 1 that often? Seemed like overall defensive breakdown led to at least 3 of the goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    BT, one stat you are not showing is goals kicked by his opponent. Do you know that?
    Wright clearly beat him in two contests, the others weren't direct losses to Schache but still, our defence let a big man who is considered bog average kick 7 and Schache is part of that. Dirty night for him and everyone else in the red, white and blue.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Fact of the matter is Schache is not the answer to our defensive problems. We need to look externally. We have ONE KPD who is AFL quality.

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    The stat sheet says 7. But I don’t think all are necessarily on him.

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Did he actually get beaten 1 on 1 that often? Seemed like overall defensive breakdown led to at least 3 of the goals.
    I thought he was pretty good. If your forward is going to get it lace out of the middle time and time again that will come into it, but I agree defensive breakdown was worth multiple. One he went to the unmanned dons player on the 50 to try to pressure or stop, but the dons player marked it and got it out to Wright. Schache could’ve just done the selfish thing and man his man and let the dons player run in and have a shot. But he didn’t he forced a wide shot and the kick went through. That’s a positive about his mindset to me as well.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Wright clearly beat him in two contests, the others weren't direct losses to Schache but still, our defence let a big man who is considered bog average kick 7 and Schache is part of that. Dirty night for him and everyone else in the red, white and blue.
    Swap Josh & Cordy, and the discussion is on Cordy. There’s plenty of things to work with with Josh.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache was absolutely horrible today. No mincing words, no considering his stat output, just woefully exposed against a bang-average key forward.

If we had a competent defender on Wright he doesn't touch it as he usually doesn't touch it and we win comfortably.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Schache was absolutely horrible today. No mincing words, no considering his stat output, just woefully exposed against a bang-average key forward.

If we had a competent defender on Wright he doesn't touch it as he usually doesn't touch it and we win comfortably.
    The fact we still persisted with him on Wright as a 3rd game defender over someone playing his 100th game speaks volumes about where our defence is currently at.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Swap Josh & Cordy, and the discussion is on Cordy. There’s plenty of things to work with with Josh.
    I must be in the minority but I can't see him as a defender. He makes ok position to intercept at times, but he's just too tame.

Post Thanks / Like

Nail. Head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Fact of the matter is Schache is not the answer to our defensive problems. We need to look externally. We have ONE KPD who is AFL quality.
    I'm willing to give him a chance to show what he can do as the no 2 KPD. Needs a pre-season
    He's no number 1 but he's makeshift right now out of necessity.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post