Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  200
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time to pull the Liam Jones move.

Schache lack of physical presence was a weakness that was exposed yesterday. I don't know if it can be taught, but it comes natural for some people. You see all the A grade defenders: Keath, Harris, May, Grimes etc... You will see they are always irritating close, cloth hanger like to their opponent. The 30 cm gap, is slight seconds in timing that makes all the difference in spoiling and out positioning an opponent.

When he got outmarked by Wight, there was stuff all physical contact with Wight. How can you be that tall, and not throw your weight around ?

Post Thanks / Like

Wright took 7 marks. What is so special about that? Nothing. We had a player (key forward) take 7 marks. And neither took the most in the match.

Wright won the game by kicking properly. Wish we had players who would.

His success came from within. It was not handed to him. That’s what the game is about. This should be a valuable lesson for the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Wright took 7 marks. What is so special about that? Nothing. We had a player (key forward) take 7 marks. And neither took the most in the match.

His success came from within. It was not handed to him. That’s what the game is about. This should be a valuable lesson for the Dogs.
    I agree. Schache wasn't the problem. The lace out delivery to Peter Wright that the Bombers midfield provided was outstanding. There was maybe one/two instances where you could suggest that Schache could have positioned better.

at the other end - Bruce, Scott, The Bont, JUH, English all miss very gettable goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post

Our midfield was very bad. Schache was pretty bad. If our midfield played well, it wouldn’t have mattered how Schache went. If Schache played well, it would have covered how badly our mids played. If our forwards kicked better, it would have covered up all sins.

In short; we were crap everywhere.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wright had only kicked 18 for the entire season before yesterday, and the Dons midfield has been pretty good all year.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that frustrated me the most was 2, maybe 3, occasions where Shack was behind a 200cm key forward and decided to go up with flat hands trying to ??outmark him??. Put a bloody fist through it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Our midfield was very bad. Schache was pretty bad. If our midfield played well, it wouldn’t have mattered how Schache went. If Schache played well, it would have covered how badly our mids played. If our forwards kicked better, it would have covered up all sins.

In short; we were crap everywhere.
    We had our opportunities but didn't take them:

We took 20 marks inside 50 and inside-50 count was 60-39. That is a winning combination, but with all the misses you are stuffed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    The thing that frustrated me the most was 2, maybe 3, occasions where Shack was behind a 200cm key forward and decided to go up with flat hands trying to ??outmark him??. Put a bloody fist through it.
    This is where Gardner is good. He knows he won't out mark his opponent, but just goes the fist.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We had our opportunities but didn't take them:

We took 20 marks inside 50 and inside-50 count was 60-39. That is a winning combination, but with all the misses you are stuffed
    Yeah, just an insane stat line. One side was efficient as hell and shot the lights out, the other couldn’t buy a goal. As frustrating a game as I can remember, made worse by it being Essendon and disastrous with the loss of Bruce.

One of the worst Bulldog supporting days in a long time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where Gardner is good. He knows he won't out mark his opponent, but just goes the fist.
    I'm not sold on Gardner's ability to defend the high ball, as like Schache he doesn't have a strong presence in the air.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, just an insane stat line. One side was efficient as hell and shot the lights out, the other couldn’t buy a goal. As frustrating a game as I can remember, made worse by it being Essendon and disastrous with the loss of Bruce.

One of the worst Bulldog supporting days in a long time.
    I hate losing to Essendon, but the Bruce loss is devastating, especially for him when he decided to come to us thinking he can play finals.

Poor bloke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm not sold on Gardner's ability to defend the high ball, as like Schache he doesn't have a strong presence in the air.
    Agree. Schache and Gardner are not the answer. Cordy isn’t either. God we are desperate for another A grader to support Keath.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree. Schache and Gardner are not the answer. Cordy isn’t either. God we are desperate for another A grader to support Keath.
    Gardner has only lost one, 1 on 1 in the games he played this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Gardner will punch when given the opportunity and has far superior closing speed.

He's no world beater but when fit he's easily in front of Schache as a defender
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Gardner has only lost one, 1 on 1 in the games he played this year.
    That’s fine, but even if Gardner, Cordy and Schache played yesterday, we probably still would have lost.
    Keath is VERY important, and I think we need another A grader to support, then Gardner/young as the third.
    I will never see #16 the same!!