Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  42
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R12 2021

Half time and Essendon are hanging in. Still can't believe I'm barracking for them. I think I'll call it the "Herbatron Effect".
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Haha no comment here about the diagonals playing.
    How do they get gifted this annual bonanza?
    Normally at the MCG, Optus in Perth shows this great date and occasion as poorly represented by these two teams.
    Open it up. Open all the great dates.
    'Tradition' is what keeps the big clubs filthy rich.

Post Thanks / Like

The Optus Stadium surface looks like it's playing horribly. Players sliding and losing their feet all night and it may have even contributed to McGrath doing a serious knee injury.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Optus Stadium surface looks like it's playing horribly. Players sliding and losing their feet all night and it may have even contributed to McGrath doing a serious knee injury.
    Great. We slip over in dry conditions..can’t wait to see guys like JJ slip sliding away.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Normally at the MCG, Optus in Perth shows this great date and occasion as poorly represented by these two teams.
    Have a look at the crowd.

Looks like Essington may end the Tigers top 4 aspirations right here.

On another matter Essington getting crucified by the umps.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Tigers finished well.

Livid the get a financial windfall and everyone else missing home games suffers. Benny Gale tried to justify this stupidity by saying clubs are great at helping each other out but not financially....
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well the Tigers finished well.

Livid the get a financial windfall and everyone else missing home games suffers. Benny Gale tried to justify this stupidity by saying clubs are great at helping each other out but not financially....
    What should happen? I mean, Melb played a match in Sydney and hardly anyone showed, Richmond played in Perth and it was packed. If we played in Perth... how many would show?

They’re a big club and have been very successful. Good luck to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    What should happen? I mean, Melb played a match in Sydney and hardly anyone showed, Richmond played in Perth and it was packed. If we played in Perth... how many would show?

They’re a big club and have been very successful. Good luck to them.
    Split gate receipts and revenue across the competition.

I mean on a per head basis our fans and North’s and St Kildas have secured Docklands for the betterment of the competition but still get ripped off by playing there, least the league could do is chop us out when we can’t.

Post Thanks / Like

Split gate receipts and revenue across the competition.

I mean on a per head basis our fans and North’s and St Kildas have secured Docklands for the betterment of the competition but still get ripped off by playing there, least the league could do is chop us out when we can’t.
    Made a coffee and jumped on the Bomberblitz game day thread and read over from the start of the last quarter. It's everything and more.

Sure it's a little sadistic, but I think it's fair game when it's that corrupt organisation.

Also, an Essendon win might have seemed better for us on paper, but just remember that watching on somewhere in lockdown is a young, frustrated, Bombers-supporting, once in a generation key forward. He needs to be reminded that this broken club are no good and aren't going to be winning a final for at least another 450 days (taking the tally to at least 6500 days). Many thanks Richmond.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 06-06-2021 at 02:50 AM.

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Why change a fixture when crowd numbers are tied to your bonus? Will never happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Why change a fixture when crowd numbers are tied to your bonus? Will never happen.
    In fairness, you’d have to agree, surely, that the now “rolling fixture” where prime time TV slots are only locked in a month in advance is a fantastic advancement in further equalisation. Our club has had 5 prime time (Thurs, Fri or Sat night) slots so far this year, and Good Friday daytime. We have another Friday night match in 2 weeks against Geelong.

Now, this approach to fixturing isn’t guaranteed to continue post Covid (that I know of...) but you’d say it’s better for the TV networks and advertisers, and thus for the AFL so I’d be surprised if they walk away from it.

On the topic of Dreamtime. Well, Essendon and Richmond have done a lot for indigenous football over the past decades, and I believe Sheedy came up with the idea of the match? I’d say it fits comfortably with these two clubs.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The knives are going to be out for Teague. There's a few media folk out there who are gaslighting Carlton supporters into thinking they're talented and have the personnel to be contending for finals and premierships. It's madness.

We'll be seeing another case of the media picking a coaching target to chase out of his job pretty soon I think.

Post Thanks / Like

The knives are going to be out for Teague. There's a few media folk out there who are gaslighting Carlton supporters into thinking they're talented and have the personnel to be contending for finals and premierships. It's madness.

We'll be seeing another case of the media picking a coaching target to chase out of his job pretty soon I think.
    When I listen to Teagues post match conference, he sounds like a man who is out in limbo.

He knows there are glaring gaps in the list. Their midfield is just crap apart from Walsh. Cripps is a spent force

They have overpaid for downhill skiers on Saad, and Wilson, who they thought he could play midfield. They paid too much for Cripp's contract for a limited inside mid. Petrevski is so talented yet goes missing too often.

Charlie curnow was played when injured.

Letting Kade simpson go last year, may have left them without discipline and seasons defender.

Teague has run out of ideas one where to play some of this players. He actually looks clueless in these conferences.

Injuries have not helped. MCgovern cannot get onto the park.

Maybe Bolton's tough love and instilling discipline in their group may have had longer term results, than putting up with the current groups lets make them feel better.

If the knives our out, He will be gone by the end of this year, knowing Carlton always demanding better results.
    Last edited by macca; 08-06-2021 at 11:55 AM.