Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  183
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Melbourne R11 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Butler has been really poor. He's a kid I know, but looks a long way off it.
    His 50/50 contest in the last few mins sums it up. juggles the ball, gets pushed over, and melbourne play runs away with ball and kicks into their forward line.

He is going to learn the standard required and the ruthless speed of this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Their mids gave us a bath. Oliver got most of his possession at full pace and just drove it forward. Bont and Libba in particular were outworked and should be a bit embarrassed.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Dry Rot, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we spent too much time during the week thinking about May and Lever, absolutely spooked ourselves.

On a positive, the club managed Timmy well good return indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    53 more touches. Six more inside 50s. 9 more clearances. 9 more tackles.

They just executed their game plan better and turn overs was the difference.
    They defend the turnover brilliantly. Best team in the comp by a mile when they don't have the ball.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I am not too dismayed. They led by 32 points at one stage. They were 27 points up at quarter time and won by 28. We played badly and they scored many times from our turnovers which were often made under NO PRESSURE!

Furthermore, many of their hack kicks out of defence landed to advantage.

Good luck to them. They played well. They made few mistakes and we made plenty. We will beat them if we meet them in the finals. Mark my words.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah agree, Jacko's done as much if not more than anyone else.
    I don't doubt he tried. He always does. But our mids as a collective unit, exerted ZERO dominance tonight, and that's our one wood. It's the thing that covers our deficiencies down back, and enables us to stop teams getting the ball outside the contest.
    Jack wasn't alone, Smith and Libba were ineffective and Bont had to try and create the miracle play way too often, and got caught.
    I'm not torching Jack, but the fact remains he got 36 touches and didn't make a lick of difference. If Bont, Libba or Bailey Smith get 36 we're probably doing a lot better.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    I am not too dismayed. They led by 32 points at one stage. They were 27 points up at quarter time and won by 28. We played badly and they scored many times from our turnovers which were often made under NO PRESSURE!

Good luck to them. They played well. They made few mistakes and we made plenty. We will beat them if we meet them in the finals. Mark my words.
    We play them again in about 6 weeks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I reckon we spent too much time during the week thinking about May and Lever, absolutely spooked ourselves.

On a positive, the club managed Timmy well good return indeed.
    And yet we still let May and Lever gobble it up.
    I agree Timmy's return was a positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm really looking forward to that, hopefully post lockdown. We'll get revenge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post

MCG, big crowd. Big game. I would back us in every time if we can get back a few players.

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Highlights how important Martin is to our structure. Sweet a mile away against quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Their mids gave us a bath. Oliver got most of his possession at full pace and just drove it forward. Bont and Libba in particular were outworked and should be a bit embarrassed.
    Yet we won the clearances 36-27... so I call bulldust.

Whilst we lost the centre clearances early we got punished by our turnovers.... that was the difference in the game.

Bont worked as hard as anyone on the ground and whilst he did have his usual impact he didn’t stop trying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yet we won the clearances 36-27... so I call bulldust.

Whilst we lost the centre clearances early we got punished by our turnovers.... that was the difference in the game.

Bont worked as hard as anyone on the ground and whilst he did have his usual impact he didn’t stop trying.
    21 intercept marks were also key. We got it into F50 enough, especially in the 2nd half, but they rebounded with relative ease.

Their scoreboard punishment of our turnovers + their ability to defend D50 from their own turnovers = potent combination.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I really believe if Naughton kicks that goal to close to two goals when we had all the momentum, it would have been a different game. Really believe that. When you dominate field position and you can’t score it just kills your confidence.

20. Likes Dry Rot, josie, merantau liked this post