Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  169
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R12 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That game was in round 1 and was one of the worst I have ever seen.

Both clubs were shambolic at times, but Freo in particular looked like an EDFL side the way the disposed of the ball. If you'd told me Melbourne were going to be 10-1 after watching that I'd say you were mad. Wouldn't take anything from that performance.
    Fair enough.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That game was in round 1 and was one of the worst I have ever seen.

Both clubs were shambolic at times, but Freo in particular looked like an EDFL side the way the disposed of the ball. If you'd told me Melbourne were going to be 10-1 after watching that I'd say you were mad. Wouldn't take anything from that performance.
    I recall thinking the same. Freo were missing a few weren't they?

Walters and Lobb definitely.

Post Thanks / Like

Freo’s ball use was unbelievably bad in that game, which is something of a common theme in their season. They’re really impressively coached and structured, but they just aren’t skilled enough to capitalise.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We can't have 193cm Cordy on Lobb 206cm
    I don't think that's ever really a consideration - as we don't play a specific match up game.

Keath plays as the deepest pillar and Cordy as the second deepest unless Gardner is in the team. I think there's a chance Gardner comes straight in, and Cordy plays up higher.

Realistically, Gardner is the only really tall defender we have at 197cms (I think) - but I doubt Bevo will be thinking about heights for how he and Bubba set up the defence. If they think that playing Bailey Williams on Lobb gives us an advantage...then they'll do it.

Post Thanks / Like

MASSIVE NOW

Melbourne trying to lock down first. Brisbane fall back. With Geelong & Port the others on 32 points playing each other next time. One will be 36 points (unless a draw).

We must win this week. We win we go to 40 points, safely top 2 by a game and 20%. Or top 3 by two games and 20%.

Lose and we are only top 2 on percentage.

But go into the bye second with a game and 20% and get good players back post bye and we are well situated to lock down top 4 and then top 2.

Huge result on Sunday. HUGE.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    MASSIVE NOW

Melbourne trying to lock down first. Brisbane fall back. With Geelong & Port the others on 32 points playing each other next time. One will be 36 points (unless a draw).

We must win this week. We win we go to 40 points, safely top 2 by a game and 20%. Or top 3 by two games and 20%.

But go into the bye second with a game and 20% and get good players back post bye and we are well situated to lock down top 4 and then top 2.

Yep, it is simply a must win for all those reasons and for our own belief and momentum.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    MASSIVE NOW

Was just thinking this. Huge chance to solidify top 4 and even top 2. Freo are good at home but if we’re serious we need to win this game. Especially after last week. Let’s see what we’re made of.

Post Thanks / Like

Melb, Freo (perth), Geel and WC (perth) will decide our fate for top 2 as far as I’m concerned. Drop all 4 and no chance. Freo is a must win to have any chance.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Melb, Freo (perth), Geel and WC (perth) will decide our fate for top 2 as far as I’m concerned. Drop all 4 and no chance. Freo is a must win to have any chance.
    If we lose to Freo we still have just as much a chance as Geelong, Port and Brisbane.

11. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Why wouldn't we be super confident on a win playing Fremantle? They're an OK team but we are a level or two above them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes chef, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Why wouldn't we be super confident on a win playing Fremantle? They're an OK team but we are a level or two above them.
    Agree - we should be far too good.

Perth has few good results in our collective memories though, so understand the apprehension.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Agree - we should be far too good.

Perth has few good results in our collective memories though, so understand the apprehension.
    I think last year proved that teams can adapt to playing away from home. If we prepare well it shouldn't be much of an issue.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It’s been a pretty disruptive past 10 or so days for our guys compared to theirs. We have the talent to win and we should, but you can see how lock downs, a week away from home etc can all play into how we may show up.

This won’t be easy, and as always we need to take our chances early.

17. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm with you. Reckon we'll grind it out with them for a half or so then pull ahead over the last.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

If they don't have their game faces on coming out against Freo we may be in trouble.

There is most likely nothing in it but I don't like seeing smiles and laughter running out on to the field. Call me old fashion but it signals the mind is not on the job at hand.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...