Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R12 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We haven't lost interstate this year
    Ooohhh I like that point

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor Duryea talking about today's game and Libba's tag last week here: Link to article

“It was a bit of a surprise to ‘Lib’. He didn’t expect and we didn’t expect it,” Duryea said.

“We like to think we support our tagged players really well, either getting them free or making an advantage to us whether it is a two v one or something similar. I think we went away from that and he didn’t help himself in getting support.”

Post Thanks / Like

Nerves are starting to kick in.

We should win this easily, but, I am still worried.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah massive danger game. Not a fan of the 9 day break and with the disruption to our usual prep, there's a few things going against us. Hopefully it galvanises us as a win would boost our top 2/4 chances in a big way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If they don't have their game faces on coming out against Freo we may be in trouble.

There is most likely nothing in it but I don't like seeing smiles and laughter running out on to the field. Call me old fashion but it signals the mind is not on the job at hand.
    You’re old fashioned.

There is nothing to say that fun and focus are mutually exclusive.

I hope they go out and flog the Dockers, have a bloody good time doing it, and laugh all the way to the top 4.

6. Likes bornadog, westbulldog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 43
    First goal- Juice
    BOG- Macrae
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of posters expect to win this by a big margin? Interested to know why.
    With our record in Perth, our injuries to key players, the 9 day break, and spending a week on the road are all concerns to me.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    With our record in Perth, our injuries to key players, the 9 day break, and spending a week on the road are all concerns to me.
    I expect the opposite. Freo are very hard to beat on their home deck.
    Think we will get across the line late.

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, this isn’t shaping as a blow out.

All those things you mentioned plus there’s meant to be rain around in Perth today.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah, this isn’t shaping as a blow out.

All those things you mentioned plus there’s meant to be rain around in Perth today.
    Rain will most likely take our 3 talls out of the equation. I expect it to be a very hard slog with Fyfe and Mundy getting plenty of the ball. If it’s wet, then we cant allow Walters to get off the leash, and our backman have to defend the goal square.

Freo are just one of those teams you’re not sure what you’re going to get. Someone like Crowden could kick 4. Our mids will have to be top notch and most importantly, Naughton needs to kick straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be the lockdown blues but I've got a typical 'Sunday arvo in Perth' feel about this game. Feel like they'll do us comfortably. Absolutely nothing to base that on. Hope I'm wrong. A win would do wonders for us stuck in VIC right now!

Post Thanks / Like

Rain will most likely take our 3 talls out of the equation. I expect it to be a very hard slog with Fyfe and Mundy getting plenty of the ball. If it’s wet, then we cant allow Walters to get off the leash, and our backman have to defend the goal square.

Freo are just one of those teams you’re not sure what you’re going to get. Someone like Crowden could kick 4. Our mids will have to be top notch and most importantly, Naughton needs to kick straight.
    hmmm yeah don't normally expect rain in Perth so good call out. I actually feel it could help us. Or at least limit their home momentum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Might be the lockdown blues but I've got a typical 'Sunday arvo in Perth' feel about this game. Feel like they'll do us comfortably. Absolutely nothing to base that on. Hope I'm wrong. A win would do wonders for us stuck in VIC right now!
    Agree. We have a tendency to lose those ones we are clear favourites to win. I’m shocked with the odds to be honest considering our record in Perth.

Edit: looks like some $$ have been going on Freo…were $3.09, now $2.89
    We were $1.30, now $1.43

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yeah massive danger game. Not a fan of the 9 day break and with the disruption to our usual prep, there's a few things going against us. Hopefully it galvanises us as a win would boost our top 2/4 chances in a big way.
    I don't quite get the angst many people seem to be feeling. We have been in great form and while there is a risk in every game played we should be feeling confident.

We are fielding a team with just 3 players who we regard as pups so we shouldn't be able to use the young and inexperienced get out clause either. Fremantle aren't a bad side but I'm not reading anything other than some nerves about playing in the west as the area's of concerns.
    We need to back the boys who have served us so well this season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes josie, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't quite get the angst many people seem to be feeling. We have been in great form and while there is a risk in every game played we should be feeling confident.

We are fielding a team with just 3 players who we regard as pups so we shouldn't be able to use the young and inexperienced get out clause either. Fremantle aren't a bad side but I'm not reading anything other than some nerves about playing in the west as the area's of concerns.
    We need to back the boys who have served us so well this season.
    I think this is the Bulldog way. Predisposed to feel like even blue skies will bring rain.

19. Likes GVGjr liked this post