Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  169
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Fremantle R12 2021

Bont - 2 goals in the 2nd term
    Libba - 2 goals in the 3rd term

Massive!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

It was a very good win in the circumstances as Freo had a real crack and at one stage had all the momentum

That said our poor finishing kept them in the game and is a real cause for concern. And it's not just set shots either. Snaps from play - we don't get much return for effort.

What did I like? The usual suspects - Bont, Macrae, Daniel, Naughton, Hunter, Duryea, Keath, Dale, Crozier. And I liked Cody's gamesmanship. We really needed that at that point. Josh Bruce is playing his role to perfection.

People have been critical of Crozier but apart from one glaring lapse I thought he was pretty reliable.
    Ditto Daniel. He missed a tackle that he normally would have nailed and it cost us a goal. He was playing a different role. He got a lot of the ball. Wasn't as clean as normal but still a decent output.

What didn't I like? JJ was not influential. Some our defensive efforts just failed to kill the ball. Smith's shocking handpass. Some poor delivery inside 50. Don't put the ball on top of the leading player's head!

The bye has come at just the RIGHT time. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

3. Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If the 3 key defenders releases Keath to play like he did tonight, then I'm all for it.
    If we go with this then Doc,Wood and Crozier are playing for two spots its going to be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

We have played better than that and lost many a time. To be 10-2 is fantastic. It was a tough night and a frustrating match, with a difficult build up and an opponent that we’ve struggled with over there. I’m relieved. It meant a lot to us in lockdown gloom, to have that win, and I’m looking forward to a bit more injury luck in the second half of the season.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

6. Likes Eastdog, josie, Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Is this a serious comment?
    Partly. Very poor footy IMO for a lot of the game. Goal kicking failed us - kick straight and win by more, plus a few of their goals were low % kicks that paid off so maybe too strongly worded, but yeh 15/16 points up, their 2 best players went down by the 6th minute mark (both doing damage), one player left on the bench for the rest of it. Two goals not out of reach by any stretch and it’s a one kick game halfway through the last in front of their home crowd with a head of steam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    No chance we win without their injuries
    Well that didn’t take long
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Does the team et al have to go back to Sydney, or are they allowed to come home?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Insufficient Intent View Post
    Does the team et al have to go back to Sydney, or are they allowed to come home?
    Straight home to Victoria.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

12. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Straight home to Victoria.
    Hopefully lockdown for only a few days. Fingers crossed
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Partly. Very poor footy IMO for a lot of the game. Goal kicking failed us - kick straight and win by more, plus a few of their goals were low % kicks that paid off so maybe too strongly worded, but yeh 15/16 points up, their 2 best players went down by the 6th minute mark (both doing damage), one player left on the bench for the rest of it. Two goals not out of reach by any stretch and it’s a one kick game halfway through the last in front of their home crowd with a head of steam.
    So you meant possibly the game may have been in the balance if they didn't get those injuries..........that's fair enough.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    It was a very good win in the circumstances as Freo had a real crack and at one stage had all the momentum

That said our poor finishing kept them in the game and is a real cause for concern. And it's not just set shots either. Snaps from play - we don't get much return for effort.

What did I like? The usual suspects - Bont, Macrae, Daniel, Naughton, Hunter, Duryea, Keath, Dale, Crozier. And I liked Cody's gamesmanship. We really needed that at that point. Josh Bruce is playing his role to perfection.

People have been critical of Crozier but apart from one glaring lapse I thought he was pretty reliable.
    Ditto Daniel. He missed a tackle that he normally would have nailed and it cost us a goal.
    He was playing a different role. He got a lot of the ball. Wasn't as clean as normal but still a decent output.

What didn't I like? JJ was not influential. Some our defensive efforts just failed to kill the ball. Smith's shocking handpass. Some poor delivery inside 50. Don't put the ball on top of the leading player's head!

The bye has come at just the RIGHT time. Go Dogs!
    Crozier had a hand in that goal juggling the ball and losing it

Post Thanks / Like

I was pleased with the way English took on the role of No.1 ruck. He competed well and halved a lot of contests. Darcy outpointed him overall at stoppages but English was better around the ground. Our internet went down so missed 15 minutes of thd last quarter.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Felt both teams were equally bad at taking their chances.

The game was in the balance until their injuries. Fyfe got injured just as he moving into overdrive.

A wins a win but that won't performance won't win a prelim let alone a flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So you meant possibly the game may have been in the balance if they didn't get those injuries..........that's fair enough.
    Stronger than your wording, weaker than my original.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on how the three tall backline went?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.