Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Congratulations to Jason Johannisen on 150 Games

Congrats JJ. A loyal Premiership Bullgod. If he regains confidence & can start breaking lines again what a plus for us that would be. Hope he can increase his involvement & that he also tries to ping a few goals from 50 metre arc or thereabouts - nothing like kicking a few exciting long distance goals to boost team & own self-belief.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A contribution on Sunday would be fitting way to mark the occasion.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Likes EasternWest, DOG GOD, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a highlight reel. Fingers crossed he's got more to add to it, starting this Sunday.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Thanks Jeemak, I obviously had completely forgotten he played well in 2017. I missed 2019 but for some reason remember him having a poor season prior to last year. Maybe it was 2018. What was the year the Dees and swans got in his head?

Edit: Looks like it was towards the end of 2017. Interesting, as I relate those incidents to the start of his downwards trend. Perhaps he polled most of his Sutton votes prior to these incidents.
    That was a beat up anyway. He played like two bad games, got swung forward (and torched) Essendon, then went back to being good.

He was even okay last year until that Port game, and had a couple of decent games after. This year though, is a concern.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a fine career to date. He was a big part of why we won the flag in 2016. Loved watching him rise from the rookie ranks to be a premiership hero. 150 AFL games is a fair achievement and let's hope he get many more.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

$600,000 as a very, very underwhelming forward this year

$600,000 owed next year.

Need to trade his contract out ASAP. ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gone. Pay for him to go to Freo, as useless as a wet fart. I’d consider paying his entire contract and giving him to another club at this point.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd *!*!*!*! him off at this point

Post Thanks / Like

He is cooked. Doubt whether we are offered much in return. Forever a bullgod but time waits for no-one.

14. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    He is cooked. Doubt whether we are offered much in return. Forever a bullgod but time waits for no-one.
    We might even have to pay some of it. But we need to do it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When he's being selfish and butchering chances what's the point of having him? He's a half back and I think he needs to find a place that will play him there.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    When he's being selfish and butchering chances what's the point of having him? He's a half back and I think he needs to find a place that will play him there.
    He saw Cody wide open, and still did it. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was seeing a lack of discipline and selfishness creep into our game. That was the worst example of selfishness.

Besides that we need to drop him for ever. Games into McNeil, Garcia, Cody & VDM must be the priority now. If we get bundled out of finals I’d rather the experience go to McNeil over JJ and Jamarra over Hannan. It’s not the output is any worse than the incumbents.

19. Likes Testekill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't even look at him without feeling ill.

21. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are certain players who string 1-2 bad games and are dropped immediately. Some are never dropped. Certain criteria for certain players. JJ and Cordy in particular. Neither will be dropped now.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

$600,000 to get 0.6 goals a game from him. I’m guessing the ROI isn’t very good.