Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round eight 2021 v Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Bont gets a lot of footy from middle of the ground and forward - rather than chipping it around at half back. You're always going to have some turnovers with high numbers of clearances and inside 50 kicks. Doesn't excuse all of them - but he's making the play

Top 5 in the league for metres gained this year.
    That's a good point, not something I had considered he does create so much so there's more element of risk.

He's an outstanding footballer isn't he on so many levels, we are truly blessed to have him.

His attitude is one of this greatest strengths for mine, but of course he's not above criticism (I may have when he get collared in the third trying to baulk and we had guys out free). I think there were a couple of goals directly from his turnovers, but he doesn't let it effect him at all. (11 clangers record for AFL is 13, 8 turnovers).

He shakes it off and says right I'll just go on and win the game for us.

I'll start my self imposed ban...

Now.

Speaking of stars, Macrae is only the second player to have 30 possessions in each of the first 8 rounds since records began.

Players with 30+ disposals in each of the first 8 rounds of a V/AFL season

1971 - David Thorpe
    2021 - JACK MACRAE

Now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He didn't like Smith mouthing off to the North players
    It wasn't just that. Derm pretty much said that if you say that you are having mental health problems (as Smith did earlier in the year) then you shouldn't be mouthing off at players on field. This was in direct reference to the time late in the game when Bruce outmarked that arsehole Ziebull and Smith went into fly the flag because Ziebull got into a push and shove with Libba.

I've always been an admirer of Dermot Brereton but in this case he can shove his opinion. He's got it arse around.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

3. Likes 1eyedog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It wasn't just that. Derm pretty much said that if you say that you are having mental health problems (as Smith did earlier in the year) then you shouldn't be mouthing off at players on field. This was in direct reference to the time late in the game when Bruce outmarked that arsehole Ziebull and Smith went into fly the flag because Ziebull got into a push and shove with Libba.

I've always been an admirer of Dermot Brereton but in this case he can shove his opinion. He's got it arse around.
    Yeah, *!*!*!*! Dermie. I was worried at the time it would cause Baz some issues and it’s played out that way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. When Caleb Daniel is in form we are a much better team. His last quarter was amazing and it's no coincidence that we as a team all of a sudden had control of the game.

2. Sweet's last quarter was so good for a ruckman playing his second game. From all reports it was fitness holding him back in the last couple seasons. He run out the game pretty well which is reassuring going forward.

3. Keath won't be found wanting. He had a few goals kicked on him but didn't let it get to him. The mark he took over Mackay in the last was a statement! We'd be stuffed without him.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

How good will the reaction to Alex ‘Alpha Male’ Keath taking a hanger over McKay be during the game review with the team.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

There has been a lot of hand-wringing over our defense and getting a key defender type. But Keath certainly looks like a guy capable of running with power forwards if he is supported. See how he goes with Dixon next week.

Bont did everything in that game. Just worry about him being overcooked.

So happy to see Bruce's accuracy, goal celebrations and him being happy. We really need him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

1. I get very disappointed (borderline football clinical depression) when it looks like we will lose to Carlton

2. I hate Carlton the most of any team (even fractionally more than GWS)

3. I love beating Carlton under any circumstances and enjoy that they have largely been footballing irrelevant for 20+ years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    1. I get very disappointed (borderline football clinical depression) when it looks like we will lose to Carlton

3. I love beating Carlton under any circumstances and enjoy that they have largely been footballing irrelevant for 20+ years
    Carlton and Essendon, the two teams I hate the most.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post

A come from behind win is even sweeter. It was theirs to lose and they did. We won!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

12. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    carlton and essendon, the two teams i hate the most.
    gws?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    gws?
    I found myself barracking for GWS against Essington.

Felt dirty but that is how I feel about the cheats.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

15. Likes hujsh, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Carlton and Essendon, the two teams I hate the most.
    Geelong?

I need Geelong beaten first then Essendon. I don't really care about GWS because the 2016 PF will last me some years but they are third.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Geelong?

I need Geelong beaten first then Essendon. I don't really care about GWS because the 2016 PF will last me some years but they are third.
    Geelong might be annoying but Essendon are still the drug cheats who endangered their players health. Long may they reign at the footend of the ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Geelong might be annoying but Essendon are still the drug cheats who endangered their players health. Long may they reign at the footend of the ladder
    They are the turds on the other side of the Maribyrnong too.

Incidentally, Maribyrnong is an anglicised version of the Aboriginal term 'Mirring-gnay-bir-nong', which translates as 'I can hear a ringtail possum" I didn't know that until recently. There are certainly a lot of possums around here though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    gws?
    GWS are now a rivalry, so I hate them in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Geelong?

Yeah, they are next off the rank
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.